Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,960   Online: 966

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The D came with Yashikors and Yashinons. Stopped down to f11, you probably won't be able to tell the difference.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think is a sign of love or, at least deep friendship.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Yashica-D that always took phenomenal photographs. Unfortunately, the shutter sticks. It will operate, but not up to the labelled speed. Does anyone have any ideas on how to rectify the problem?

This is my first post here although I have been reading the discussions for a few weeks now. I am about to set up my darkroom again. I have a ten year old who wants to learn analog photography before she learns digital. I simply miss the lovely smell of the darkroom!!

Thanks,
    Aubrey
    Hi Aubrey, welcome to APUG. I also have a Yashica D which takes great pictures. For the sticky shutter that I experienced I had to send it out for a CLA (clean lube adjust). Now it handles like new.

For the O/P - What a nice story. Enjoy your Yashica D and share some pictures. Cheers
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the welcome and information Mihai. There is a shop not far from here I can check with for the service.

Enjoy,
    Aubrey

Shooter
    35mm
    I remembered to post some results of my Yashica D.

All shot on Ilford HP5+, developed in D-76 1:1, 'scanned' with a Canon 5D mark II / Tamron 90mm macro / lightbox

Here goes:

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Really, really nice! Its a sweet camera, use it often.

Anne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still thinking about filters. I'd like to standardize on 46mm for my two smallish travel cameras (Olympus 35RC and Yashica D). I have the step up ring for the 35RC, and looking at the Yashica D, it seems like a Bay 1 -> 46mm adapter might be too big. Has anyone successfully used this combo?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanoort View Post
    All shot on Ilford HP5+, developed in D-76 1:1, 'scanned' with a Canon 5D mark II / Tamron 90mm macro / lightbox
    Did you mean you re-shot your images on the film, that were shot with the Yashica-D, with this Canon digital camera? I wonder what has the sharpening of the Canon 5D done to the images. I guess I am actually seeing images by a Canon 5D here, no?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjade2007 View Post
    Did you mean you re-shot your images on the film, that were shot with the Yashica-D, with this Canon digital camera? I wonder what has the sharpening of the Canon 5D done to the images. I guess I am actually seeing images by a Canon 5D here, no?
    Well...yes and no: instead of a scanner doing his magic I use my 5D2 to do his thing.
    Yes: I photograph the negatives and 21mp gives a lot of resolution and beats most cheap scanners on the market. Admittedly best used for 35mm film though...

But No: in my view you are still looking at pictures by a Yashica D.
    Otherwise wouldn┤t all the pictures here on apug be by Epson and Nikon scanners, not to mention Photoshop? Every scanner scans differently and delivers different products...no?

And the pictures still bear the characteristics of the aforementioned camera/lens combination...
    Last edited by jvanoort; 12-18-2009 at 02:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I prefer my Coolscan and Epson 4990

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin