Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,378   Online: 967

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yashica D

Shooter
    35mm

Yashica D

Yesterday a girl at work told me she had found 'some old camara' in the attic that she wasn't using anyway..so I could have it if I wanted to. She didn't remember exactly what it was or how it looked...it once belonged to her father.

So today she came to my desk with a little cardboard box, containing a pristine Yashica D and a Gossen Sixtino 2 light meter.

I checked it out, cleaned the insides a bit and now it is loaded with HP5+. I can't wait to develop my first 6*6 negatives (yesterday I developed some half-frame negatives from my Olympus pen ees-2 )!
    The light meter seems to work OK. It is a selenium one, very small and light and doesn't do much inside the house, but during daytime outside it looks reliable enough.

What a lovely little camera this is! I'm going to have some serious fun with this one!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It looks brand spanking new! What a great score. I hope you take this lady out to a nice place, and do it soon! She just may have a closet full of cameras for ya... or maybe a few Kodak moments.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Sweet looking!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow, you need to buy a lottery card!!! I do not have any experience with the "D" but I have a 124G that takes great photos and is light too.
    Look forward to seeing some of your shots.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    35mm
    In the 60's my father used to write the advertising and translate the Jap-lish instruction manuals for Yashica (NYC) and so we had one of every camera at home ..... the D was mine before I switched over to the Mat. This pix brings back extremely fond memories!! I now shoot on an Electro 35 but yearn for a TLR. You're very lucky to have a friend like that. Happy shooting! cheers, sam
    Last edited by samcomet; 12-01-2009 at 05:08 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling...ooops!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one of those cameras! They are great fun to use, but you have to remember to wind the film after each shot or you end up with a double exposure! The newer ones have a Yashinon lens while the older models have a Yashikor. The Yashinon is supposed to be a better,sharper lens, but I'm more than happy with my yashikor stopped down to f8 or smaller!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations! I also use one of these.

I let a neighbor kid look through the finder on mine and scan around. He asked what kind of screen it was, because he thought it looked so real. I told him that it was all done with glass, no batteries. "Cool!", he said.

Shooter
    35mm
    This morning I brought her a very nice Sauternes (the Rollei among white dessert wines for the non-connaisseurs ).
    My wife might object against taking her out and so will her husband probably

The camera came with the original leather housing, also in good condition. I had to sew one side up and now it is usable again...

De Yashikor lenses are indeed said to be not quite as good as the Yashinons, but I've seen many photographs of this lens, both wide open and stopped down, that look really good...

On Ebay I ordered a lens hood, against flare, so I'm ready to go...I'll post some photos when I'm done shooting and developing...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanoort View Post
    What a lovely little camera this is! I'm going to have some serious fun with this one!
    And what a lovely person your colleague is thinking of giving it to you instead of selling it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    And what a lovely person your colleague is thinking of giving it to you instead of selling it.

Steve.
    Yes, she is! If it wasn't too inappropriate I'd hug her to bits

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin