Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,588   Online: 914

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    I know, it really really is.

But I really want to get simple now, not more then 3 cameras sets' and try to really focus on my own photography with these tools. But dang... somehow..........

Just curious. How is the viewfinder on the Mamiya Six folder? Many of the old folders have view finders that are so small as to be almost useless.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I find the viewfinder as clear and / or sized as any I've seen and or handled before. I had not a lick of trouble with her in any light. It' was clear that the finder framed the negative bang on.
    This may be why it was such a desired camera for so long and now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Just curious. How is the viewfinder on the Mamiya Six folder? Many of the old folders have view finders that are so small as to be almost useless.

Sandy King
    The viewfinders, even on the early ones, is pretty good. However, I reckon the best viewfinder on an old folder is to be found on the Iskra. The Super Fujica-6 is pretty close to the Iskra, with the RF patch possibly being a little "snappier". None have frame lines (IIRC, one of the very late Mamiya Six folders did, but I'm not sure), but the viewfinders are clear and accurate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland View Post
    None have frame lines.
    I found that interesting myself. But it was spot on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Keep it, use it, love it. They are getting very rare these days, and after all, what's one more little MF folder?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    LOL. I know and I'm getting a lot of different emails from folks telling me this as well.
    She will be going to a good home where she will be used very well.

There just comes a point where I can't have anymore rare oldies like her anymore. These are meant to be used.
    Have a great evening.
    T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin