Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,627   Online: 1153

Thread: C or CM?

Shooter
    Multi Format

C or CM?

Today i have finally decided to buy my Hasselblad and have narrowed it down to two bodies. My final choices are a 1994 black 501c body in excellent condition and a 1984 chrome 500cm in excellent condition with a recently replace rear curtain. I have read about not being able to use a winder or a body ready indicator on the 501c but neither of those options matter to me. Both bodies are within $5 of each other. Im leaning towards the 501c but to be honest, Its only because its black. I know there are black 500cm's but i didnt see one i liked. If i were to buy the 501c today is there anything i would regret down the road?

Shooter
    Multi Format

500 or 501?

You might have the question wrong!

If both appear to be in similar good condition, I'd take the newer one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by J Rollinger View Post
    Today i have finally decided to buy my Hasselblad and have narrowed it down to two bodies. My final choices are a 1994 black 501c body in excellent condition and a 1984 chrome 500cm in excellent condition with a recently replace rear curtain. I have read about not being able to use a winder or a body ready indicator on the 501c but neither of those options matter to me. Both bodies are within $5 of each other. Im leaning towards the 501c but to be honest, Its only because its black. I know there are black 500cm's but i didnt see one i liked. If i were to buy the 501c today is there anything i would regret down the road?
    I liked the first 501c so much, I bought two more. Never regretted it.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brian & Ralph, Thank you! I will get the 501c today!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good choice!
    Congrats!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the Club! Enjoy!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin