Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,760   Posts: 1,484,018   Online: 1264

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iandavid View Post
    Unfortunately, cameras loaned out by universities are often in less than great condition. Pros give their blads a hard life; students who don't foot the cost of repair give them an absolute caning...
    I think it's not so much a caning as lack of care and knowledge. For example not knowing how to change a lens, cleaning lenses, lens caps etc. Don't think they really get used hard at all.. just not looked after.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    The framing issue will then probably be due to the shutter in the lens not allowing the rear baffle door shutters to open completely in time. Not an issue with the magazine.
    Yeah I'm certain your right, I probably was on a slow shutter speed and didn't keep the shutter release pressed for long enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Katier View Post
    I think it's not so much a caning as lack of care and knowledge. For example not knowing how to change a lens, cleaning lenses, lens caps etc. Don't think they really get used hard at all.. just not looked after.
    That's really what I meant. I spent a year on a photo course in London some years ago and was pretty amazed that the Blads on loan continued to work at all!

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin