Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,715   Online: 943

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh...forgot to add that you should join up with www.hasslbladinfo.com as there is a steady stream of hasselblad equipment placed in their classifieds for sale. European based too so there should be no mad taxes involved.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Regarding the metering, there is a prism viewfinder which has a good meter in it. (Mine is called PM 51, but there are newer ones too. Anyhow mine works with the modern "Acute-matte" screens.) So, once you take your 'blad out for some fresh air, you can have the meter on the camera, including the "joy" of looking at a right turned picture. (The ground glass shows everything like a mirror.)
    Anyhow, one of my first experiences with a 'blad was taking it out on a walk with some TriX in it and a bog standard chrome 80mm in the front. No tripod, but handheld. Once I came home and developed the film (in standard D76 1+1) I put the film in my enlarger and just for the fun of it tried to make a 50x50cm print of the best negative (still handheld), which was very sharp and had very small and tight grain. I had no problems to continue to work with that negative in that size (even though I finally decided that it looked better when printed it smaller).
    As you come from the LF side of photography, you will get a pleasant surprise with the quality of both Hasselblad and modern rollfilm. While I really like LF, I don't find myself limited in terms of quality when I "only" bring my 'blad instead of a Sinar F2, as I usually don't print that big anyhow. (In my opinion, it's very hard to see the difference between LF and MF in print sizes up to about 12x16" or so, given the same care to the MF regarding tripods, metering, development etc.)

//Bj÷rn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Everyone for all your advice. Thanks Seoirse for the Irish comments. I have sent a general "get back to me" to the retailers and I hope to make the purchase by Tuesday. Cannot wait!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin