Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,559   Online: 979

Shooter
    Multi Format

Setting X-Sync on PS and S Lenses for Bronica SQ?

I'm going to be using my Bronica SQ-AI with a non-dedicated flash and being a bit new to lens shutter systems, I'm not sure how to X-sync the lens shutters with such a flash unit.

To quote the Bronica SQ-AI user manual:

"The lens shutter of Zenzanon-S and PS series lenses have a X-setting for flash synchronization..."

Wonderful.

Where is it? The above statement implies there's some control on these lenses to enable X-sync. I can't find it on either my 80mm PS or 150mm S lenses.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any Bronica S or PS lens manuals. Can anybody direct me as to how to set for X-sync with these lenses?

Thanks
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe what they mean is that's it. The earliest SQs were about 1980 by which time flash bulbs were faded or fading away; e.g., it IS X sync.

Images
    Bronica lenses have leaf shutters in each lens, therefore they sync at all speeds. There is no sync speed to set. Decide which shutter speed is appropriate for the situation and shoot. The few times I use flash with my SQA, I use a Vivitar 283, set the camera exposure for background light and set the Vivitar to auto for the aperture I'm using. Perfect fill flash every time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If using a flash with a sync cord plug it into the "X" connector on the top front of the body.

If you are using a shoe mount flash on the speed grip then the speed grip provides the triggering.
    "If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in frightful danger of seeing it for the first time." G.K.Chesterton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, it's good to know that the x-sync terminal is all that I need to worry about.
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin