Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,372   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland View Post
    Of course, with the 60, you lose the interchangeable backs. I've had good experiences dealing with Araxphoto, and would have no hesitation in recommending them.
    But then the bodies aren't terribly expensive and could act as a 'psuedo' back right? (i.e. two bodies, one lens, one finder)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by f/1,4 View Post
    At today's prices, you should seriously consider the Hassy. The Zeiss glasses are superior. You might even wait and save some more money first. Mamya, Pentax and Bronica are not too bad, but no cigar. Today when everything is second hand you might as well go for the real thing.
    My Mamiya-6 optics are far better than my Hasselblad optics.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    That will sound like heresy to some, but it's my understanding that most of the Hasselblad lenses are older designs, while the lenses for the Mamiya 7 are currently the state of the art. I'm sure that the lenses for the Mamiya 6 aren't much different from the lenses for the Mamiya 7. But I'll keep on using my Koni-Omega; it's very rugged, and in my case the limit on my images is definitely the photographer, not the lenses.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got many film cameras from some of the name brand camera manufacturers. They are all good. My recommendation is to find what works for you. Things like the ergonomics, the features and benefits of each such as the different lenses offered, backs, light meters, the pool of available product as well as technicians who can perform service are important, at least to me.

My two choices would be either a Mamiya or a Hasselblad system. Mamiya 6x6 TLR's are a pretty good system. And the Mamiya 6x4.5 is a pretty good system as well.

Here is a very thorough site on Mamiya TLR's:

http://www.btinternet.com/~g.a.patte...-contents.html
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    I would choose the Bronica SQA system, the whole system is quite inexpensive these days. When you can afford it, you can easily get a spare body, and the backs and lenses you need. The Hasselblad system is a splendid system, but the lenses are still much more expensive. Bronica lenses are very good. I have a quite old Bronica S2A system, and the lenses are generally top notch.

Trond
    CF 80mm lenses in EX condition go for approximately $500US.
    The CF 50mm to Cf 250mm lenses in Ex go for approximately $600US- $800US each.
    A bargain for what you are getting in quality and robustness.
    Hasselblad equipment has been at a low and seems to be slowly rising as the surplus is slowly disappearing.
    Now would be a great time to start buy the Hasselblad.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are your Hasselblad lenses from the more modern ranges?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    That will sound like heresy to some, but it's my understanding that most of the Hasselblad lenses are older designs, while the lenses for the Mamiya 7 are currently the state of the art. I'm sure that the lenses for the Mamiya 6 aren't much different from the lenses for the Mamiya 7. But I'll keep on using my Koni-Omega; it's very rugged, and in my case the limit on my images is definitely the photographer, not the lenses.
    I was very surprised myself when I tested the first Mamiya-6 lenses. I think the reason for this is not in the age of the lens design, but the difference between lens designs for rangefinders and SLRs. Rangefinder lenses are (or maybe were) easier to correct.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was very surprised myself when I tested the first Mamiya-6 lenses. I think the reason for this is not in the age of the lens design, but the difference between lens designs for rangefinders and SLRs. Rangefinder lenses are (or maybe were) easier to correct.
    That is becaue the SLR lenses have to be designed with retrofocus to allow for the mirror. That offset makes the design harder. Still the Hasselblad lenses are not shabby.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Are your Hasselblad lenses from the more modern ranges?

Tom
    Tom

I tested Hasselblad lenses from CF onwards, and they are all very good and about the same, peaking around 60 lp/mm with Tmax-100, developed in D76 1+1, but the Mamiya-6 lenses are clearly a step above with a maximum of 90 lp/mm. Admittedly, it needs 16x20-inch prints to appreciate the difference. It must be easier to correct rangefinder lenses than SLR lenses, especially wide-angle.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    That is becaue the SLR lenses have to be designed with retrofocus to allow for the mirror. That offset makes the design harder. Still the Hasselblad lenses are not shabby.

Steve
    I agree fully. Hasselblad lenses are excellent, and as I said, you need to go to 16x20-inch enlargements to see the difference to the Mamiya lenses.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin