Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,784   Posts: 1,671,345   Online: 1079

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It might not cause any problems with focusing but i think it would drive me bonkers having the rectangle patch a little askew. Like you said i'm not sure anything could be done about it but i would talk about it with the importer of the camera and try to find out why this condition is affecting so many cameras. I know i wouldn't be happy if my M3 did this. Good luck with your'e new Bessa and i hope you can live with this issue or get get this problem ironed out.Don

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    I am not sure it is because of the Bessa is my first ragefinder but I indeed seem to have a little bit of a hard time of keeping the image horizontal, especially in portrait mode.

Whom would I need to contact and how? I ordered my Voigtgänder Bessa III in Germany. I think the reseller I got it from might be unable to cope with this. They usually do not sell cameras.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    The issue was approved by my reseller and the camera was sent to Japan. I would strongly suggest that all of you who have the same problem send the camera in for adjustment.
    Last edited by bonk; 02-22-2010 at 07:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Bonk, any developments since?

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    The camera returned after two months from Japan. Nothing changed. It still has the same issue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an early one from Steve Gandy and it does not seem to have this rotation at all. it is fine. I will watch it carefully for this shift and advise. Mine has had some hard use and no problems. Thanks for the warning.
    Logan

Shooter
    35mm RF

General problem...

Quote Originally Posted by whlogan View Post
    I have an early one from Steve Gandy and it does not seem to have this rotation at all. it is fine. I will watch it carefully for this shift and advise. Mine has had some hard use and no problems. Thanks for the warning.
    Logan
    Now this could just be a coincidence, but once I payed attention to it it turned out the rectangle in my Bessa R3 is also a bit askew, rotated the same direction (anticlockwise). It's minimal, but it made me wonder if it's a more general problem linked to the design of the Voigtlander rangefinders. Then again, I don't know if the III and the 35mm rangefinders use the same design....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi I know this is off the topic slightly from the issues regarding the viewfinder but as many of you have these cameras in this thread rather than starting a new one I thought I'd ask here. How srong are the bellows on the bessaIII? What I have read from reviews they might break easily and also you have to really pull it sometimes to get the lens out fully. Is this true?
    Ilford (harman Titan 5X4)
    Minolta Autocord
    Holga TLR

http://www.lrphoto.org

BA(Hons) Photographic Practice

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I guess we must assume that the slight rotation is a normal feature for this camera and you simply must learn to accept it as such. In any event the slight rotation, which my camera also has, does not impact performance in the least, from my experience.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis-richards View Post
    Hi I know this is off the topic slightly from the issues regarding the viewfinder but as many of you have these cameras in this thread rather than starting a new one I thought I'd ask here. How srong are the bellows on the bessaIII? What I have read from reviews they might break easily and also you have to really pull it sometimes to get the lens out fully. Is this true?
    I am curious how a reviewer of the Bessa III reached the conclusion that it might break easily? How would one determine such a thing without deliberately stressing the system. I must admit, however, that I treat the camera with the bellows extended with more care than I would treat a non-bellows camera like the Mamiya 7.

No, I never have to pull the bellows to get the lens out. You press a lever and the lens assembly extends, then you sometimes have to press down on the lever to full extend the camea. But I have never had to touch the bellows to extend the lens.

Sandy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin