Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,593   Online: 846

Thread: Bronica Lens

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bronica Lens

I just wondered if anyone knows the difference between the MC and PE lenses for the ETRSi. The PE lenses are much more expensive than the MC. I have an 80mm and 150mm and am looking for a wide angle 40-50mm. I only use manual and a nonmetered prism so if it has to do with metering it would not matter.
    Marvin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are 2 differences in MC versus PE, the first is that the PE has a better coating, the second is that the PE has half stops.

I have used both types but I fail to see any differences in the results concerning the coating. Both types preform top notch. The fact that you have half stops in the PE can be useful some times but I don't care much about it, certainly not if I have to pay more $$ for virtually the same lens.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    35mm
    Some of the PEs might also have a different optical design. At least this is the case with the S (pre-Tamron) and PS (after Tamron aquired Bronica) series of 6x6 lenses. In general, the newer PS have better contrast, which is more important in color photography than it is in B/W.

Georg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info I think I will go with the MC as the cost is much lower. If I get a 40-50mm then I will have a wide angle normal and short tele. They come up on ebay sometimes and KEH also has some. The 40-50mm seem to be less available than normal and telephoto. I have 2 bodies 2 120 backs and if I get a wide angle then I will have a good kit.
    Marvin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin