Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,261   Online: 751

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here you go. Just modded my (unused) Hassie polaroid back to attach to a 2x3 Century.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0302.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	502.1 KB 
ID:	60524

It almost covers all of the 3x4 instant film:

Name:	IMG_0304 2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	60523

The bar at the bottom clearly is from the opening of the 2x3 pack film holder that I used to make the Franken holder. I bet it could be shaved off to make a more complete coverage :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0302.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wouldn't an RB67 Polaroid back work on a 2x3
    http://filmphotog.blogspot.com/ my blog

Please visit my film photography youtube channel and subscribe:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know, but even if it did, it'd only have an opening for 6x7. I want the maximum (3x4).
    Last edited by rawhead; 11-30-2012 at 01:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ^ Thats pretty cool!
    Does the film plane match up well?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    ^ Thats pretty cool!
    Does the film plane match up well?
    Well, actually no, it gets set back a good 7 mm or so. Therefore, you just need to put a mark on the rails where the front standard needs to be set back when using the Frankenroid back :-) Or get an extra set of stoppers. Cool thing is, the rangefinder works perfectly since you're not changing the lens. Just need to find that exact right spot where the front standard should be.

In order to do so I used a DIY focusing panel I made out of acrylic material I got at an arts supply store for $1.50, and a piece from an empty cartridge of a 3x4 fuji instant film.

Name:	2vl1eh5.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	293.8 KB 
ID:	60824

Shooter
    35mm
    What modifications to the Hasselblad 405 back were needed to adapt it to the Century Graphic? What lens are you using with it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rshaw View Post
    What modifications to the Hasselblad 405 back were needed to adapt it to the Century Graphic? What lens are you using with it?
    Sorry for the very late reply.

Here's what I did:

1) From the 405 back, I unscrewed one plate on the lens side of the back. Lot's of screws (like a dozen), whole plate comes off, there's a smaller plate underneath that also needs to come unscrewed, and that's it. You have a Polaroid back with a huge openening on the lens side.

2) From the pack film holder, I unhinged the "lid" part and just kept the side that attaches to the camera.

3) Take an aluminum sheet, make an opening for 3x4, attach to the pack film holder part, then drill holes to attach it to the 405 back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin