Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,504   Online: 1136

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Polaroid/Fuji instant on Graflex' Century Graphic

I wondered whether I could use the Fuji FP-100B (3.25 x 4.25") instant film on my Graflex Century Graphic.

Using 120 film is no problem (with the RH-8 and RH-10 backs) but which options would I have for taking "Polaroid" shots? Which film back do I need?

Any feedback welcome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Polaroid 405 will do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Polaroid 405 or a Fuji PA-145 takes FP-100B, FP-100C, FP-3000B, FP-400B film

Shooter
    Large Format
    A Century has a 2X3 Graflok back. I don't think a 405 will fit. At least the 405s I know of are for 4X5 cameras.There may be a pack Polaroid back which fits a 2X3 Graflok directly, but I'm not familiar with it if there is.

Len

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2x3, yeah I should have kept that in mind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just made another one of those silly assumptions without checking that there really was a Century Graphic in 4x5... Oops.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Won't work without some sawing and gluing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It sure sounds like a good excuse to buy a 4X5 Crown or Speed Graphic. You can never have enough Graphics. Problem solved!

Len

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you all for adding insight - to the apparently rather undiscovered country of Century Graphics :-)
    I have purchased a 405 back via eBay, should arrive in about 2 weeks. It seems the only way to actually check it out. If it fits, I'll let you know, if it doesn't, I'll make it work... and let you know too.
    A Happy New Year to all!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I was somewhat joking about buying a 4X5 Graphic, but since you have a 405 on the way, it may turn out to be what you need to do. If you are handy with tools, making an adapter to hang the 405 on your Century seems possible. However, any adapter will probably move the film plane back enough the rangefinder won't be accurate. If you plan to focus with the ground glass all the time, you might be able to live with this. I recall back in the 1960s there was a Graphic Polaroid back that predated pack film. It came with an adapter to move the focusing screen back the proper amount. Searching past posts over on Graflex.org http://www.graflex.org/helpboard/ind...498da1449a7d77 might uncover a solution I don't know about.

Len

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin