Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,628   Online: 1173

Shooter
    35mm

Where to go for a CLA on a Yashica D?

Hi All,

I have a Yashica D that's been sitting for quite some time and I'd like to get it tuned up and use it again. Any suggestions where I can send it for a CLA?

Take care,

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any good camera repairer should be able to do your CLA. They are easy to work on, the UK section here complied a list of repairers we'd used and would recommend, you need similar of your part of the US.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like Ian said most competent repair shops could easily do it, but Mark Hama has the rep for Yashica in the States. He worked for Yashica in Japan I believe. Google will get you his contact info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark Hama is considered the go-to person for Yashica TLRs. But when I checked with him a while ago for repair of a YashicaMat, I believe the price for a full overhaul was about $175. At the time, I don't think he did anything less. But I would check with him as my memory could be faulty.

Another shop I've heard recommended is http://www.deansphotographica.com/. No personal experience though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you looked it over thoroughly and checked all the shutter speeds and aperture to see if they work? Before spending the money, I would give it a good going over, and if it looks ok, then try a roll through it to get the final verdict whether it needs a cla.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys. I shipped it off to Mark Hama.

Rick,

My wife (girlfriend at the time) bought me this D when we were in college. It was beat up and probably needed a CLA then (1998) so I'm sure it'll be worth it to get it gone over now. It's actually something I've been meaning to do and our other discussion finally got me off my arse and in motion with it.

Take care,

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    Hi All,

I have a Yashica D that's been sitting for quite some time and I'd like to get it tuned up and use it again. Any suggestions where I can send it for a CLA?
    Take care,

Jim
    If there is no one local you wish to help out, Mark Hama is the guy. He did mine. Perfect!
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not a D, but Mark Hama went over my 124G a couple of years ago. I had it back in my hands about 2 weeks after I shipped it out.
    Still going strong, and I can certainly recommend Mark Hama for service.

Shooter
    35mm
    This was a very helpful thread. I've got an FRI that is in really nice shape other than the light seals needing to be done and the film counter gear needing replaced. I didn't know where to send it till I read this. It may take me a bit to be able to go there, but now I know "where" to send it to have it done. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ross Yerkes can also do a CLA on a Yashica TLR.

Ross Yerkes Camera Repair
    342 Kirby Street
    Los Angeles, CA 90042-2108

(323) 256-1018

He did a Rollei TLR for me that other shops said was 'beyond repair'. He also put a Maxwell screen in my Hasselblad 500c
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin