Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,589   Online: 970

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Hello everyone,

I was out today up in the sierras and my back started to act up. When I loaded a roll of film and turned the crank it didn't stop. I looked down as I was thinking, boy is this taking a while to load and it was on frame 4. So I opened up and wasted the roll. Put in another roll and stoppped on frame two. It seems that the counter isnt working for sttopping on frame 1. Do I need to send this in for repairs or can I just stop on frame 1 manually. Also is this an easy fix or do I have to send it in to hasselblad and get charged who knows what.

Thanks,

Kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin, I had the same problem a month ago. I took my back into Pro Camera Service in Thousand Oaks, Ca (they are authorized Hassleblad repair folks). Cost me $100. and now it works perfectly again. There are a fair number of authorized Hassleblad repair folks in California.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    So then I shouldnt use it then?

Do you know of any repair centers I can fedex it to? I am up near Yosemite.

Thanks,

Kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can use it, but you may have problems stopping in the right place for frame 1, proper frame spacing and possible frame overlap.

I'm sure you can FEDEX your back to Pro Camera Service. Give them a call at: 805-497-7240
    Their FAX: 805-497-0826.

Their address:
    Pro Camera Service
    2965 E. Hillcrest Dr. #302
    Thousand Oaks, Ca 91362
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This makes a good case for getting spare backs, on top of multiple film choices during the shoot.
    Sounds like a dirty clutch. I have access to info for doing repairs myself on my Bronica backs, I don't know that you would necessarily want to try that on your only Hassy back.
    Gary Beasley

Kev:

I suggest sending it in also. I use a guy in Portland Oregon.

In my opinion, I would have the back gone over completely. Since it is in the shop anyway it might be a good time to do it.

I use:

Associated Camera Repair
    3401 N. E. Sandy Blvd
    Portland OR. 97232
    503-232-5625

Michael McBlane

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The first course of action should be to check to see if there was any foreign material trapped between the back and the camera body, preventing proper installation.

If everything appears to be OK, I would opt for the usual re-build; Clean, adjust, and replace light seals.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tip Micheal. I have 3 backs that need attention. I just called the boys at Associated Camera Repair and they seem both friendly and knowledgeable. Will be sending off my stuff Monday morning.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Thanks for all the replies. It was workign fine last week and started acting up the other day. I tested my other back and they are workign fine. Looks like it is time to send it in. I just got my other back I sent in. I try to send Bodies and backs in every 2 years to keep them in good condition. This back though I have never sent in.

Thanks again,

Kev

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin