Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,076   Online: 1059

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hasselblad 500CM strap issues

Hi all ... Starting to come to grips with the solid hunk of cuboid metal that is the 500CM ... Having a lot of fun with my new adventure into MF, but I'm getting a sore neck from all that weight and the narrow (but beautiful) Hasselblad leather strap combo. I'm totally new to WLFs and find that the strap adjusted to exactly the correct length helps greatly with stability. It also frees the left hand to make lens adjustments rather than having to help support the weight of the 'blad.
    I have a nice wide neoprene strap but I would need to butcher the Hasselblad clips from the leather strap and obviously won't be doing that. So what have people done to overcome this issue? Can clips be purchased without the rest of the strap? Are third party straps an option?
    Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought a beat up strap for couple bucks (shipping was more than the strap) off ebay sometime ago to get the clips.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Op/Tech straps work pretty well. The clips aren't as nice as what are on Hasselblad straps, but in practical terms, that doesn't matter much. In general, they are nicely made compared to many 3rd party products.
    I've had bad luck trying to get junk straps from ebay for the clips, but I've never made a really determined effort.

Hasselblad makes (made??) a wide strap too, they are a combination of nylon webbing and leather. They are plentiful on ebay, though not necessarily cheap.

Here's what the Op/Tech looks like;
    http://www.adorama.com/OTSPANY.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Mikebarger ... Thanks ... I'll give that a try.
    bdial ... Thanks for the info about the wide Hasselblad straps ... I'll go have a look.
    Cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Get the wider Hasselblad strap version ( I have both the leather thin original and the wider one) and start using the camera on the shoulder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Posted wirelessly..

I have the Optec strap and love it. You can detach the strap and have a hand strap of the connectors.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another vote for the Op/Tech strap. I have one for my 500 C/M and i'm really satisfied with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a wide Hasselblad strap for my 503 CX because it is heavy when I put the 150mm or 250mm lenses on. The wide strap sometimes gets tangled up with the A-12 back and the body crank.

I use a narrow Hasselblad strap for my 903 SWC because it is lighter. The wide strap would get tangled up with the narrower body and the body crank.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hasselblad had four straps a while back and may still carry them. The wide strap #59080 was 1 1/2 inches wide adjustable length up to 59 inches. Mine have been in use close to twenty years. Check their product catalog as they may still be available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm a glutton for punishment so got a spare set of clips & made up some short adjustable straps and used Domke center sections.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin