Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,518   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amount of use and preventative maintenance.

$150 every couple of years is a small price to pay.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    I tell you this the quality of the lenses are superior. Their sharpess, contrast are just amazing. I have never been so happy with a system that like Michael said it is no big deal every few years to have to spend a $100 or $200 for maintenance..

Thank you all again!

Kev

Owning stuff is one thing, using it is another.

Best of luck on all your savings.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    jdef,

Not to have an argument or anything like that, but I used to print in commercial labs for years, 8x10 negs/chromes (cibachrome), 4x5, 6x6, 6x4.5, 35mm and I can tell you that the 6x6 was always sharper and had more contrast than the 6x4.5 version. I am not naming brands but I am naming film sizes. Every time we came across well-exposed chromes/BW, negs the 6x6 was always sharper and more contrast than the 6x6. Now the 6x7 format also produces excellent results as well.

I am just speaking from printing experience and looking at thousands and thousands of slides of different formats. This is why years ago I went with the 6x6 instead of the 6x4.5 format because of the picture quality the 6x6 and above produces.

I based my decision back them on image quality and print quality. Then before I made the purchase I rented the different formats and printed them from 8x10 up to 30x40 for comparison and again the 6x6 and 6x7 formats prevailed every time in both sharpness and contrast.

I really liked the 6x4.5 at the time but what I saw convinced me otherwise.

Just my two cents.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Well I ended sending it off to Hasselblad directly and it seems that it is a spring. I will know for sure on Monday.

Thanks again to everyone!

Kev

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin