Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,546   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy22 View Post
    Marc,

I have rebuilt 4 batteries with the NiMH battery cells sold on eBay from Chinese vender. Conversion was easy. I thought I had to buy a new charger and did. Later on I found out I could use the old N style charger. You just have to lift battery out after charge is complete and then reinsert and let it charge another cycle. New batteries have much more capacity there fore take more charging cycles with old charger. I did not think it would work at first but it does. You can shoot for hours and not run these new cells out. I have used them in my 6008I2, my 6003 and my 6006 with no problems. Just have to take it slow when you disassemble old pack and make sure you solider the correct battery leads back in place on new cells. Replacement cell packs are $35. The only bad thing is waiting for them to arrive from China, very slow shipping.
    I would avoid doing the ebay packs. They are expensive and you have to wait around. And even once you get them you must install them yourself. I would simply order some 2/3a NiMH cells off the internet from a battery story and then take them to a local hobby story and have the technician SPOT WELD them together to make a new battery. The cells are spot welded together to form the battery not soldered. You then solder the battery into the casing.

I used Tenergy NiMh 2/3A 1600mAh cells. I paid my local battery plus store $10 a pop to rebuild my batteries. It's cheaper than the ebay/China option and you don't have to do any of the work.

Also I bought a third party charger. I'll have to look it up if anyone wants to know which one it is. I rarely use it. The rebuilt batteries hold a charge for months. Someone mentioned a DC power supply adapter. Considering under normal amateur usage the batteries last months on a single charge I don't see the utility of the DC Power supply. I charge up a couple of batteries and go on vacation. I don't even take the charger with me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Also I bought a third party charger. I'll have to look it up if anyone wants to know which one it is.
    Was it also from Tenergy?

Tenergy Smart Charger

Tenergy Smart Charger - US$22

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No. It is a Cellpro Multi4 Charger from Revo. I got the bundle with the charger, wall plug, and USB module. You can connect it to your computer, modify, and load different charging regimens. It also outputs data and graphs as it charges so you know exactly how much charge was put into your batteries and at what voltage charging ceased. It's better than the literal black box Rollei gives you. You select different types of chemistry and it implements different charging regimens. It does not utilize the heat sensor though. It cuts off charging using voltage fallback. In my experience it works perfectly. Currently it is $85.

The only thing that sucks about these chargers is connecting the charger to the battery. I had to get some small nails to put in the holes in the battery and then solder alligator clips to the wires from the charger. Luckily I had a soldering iron and solder from another photography DYI project.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a 3003 with two battery packs that no longer held a full charge. I traded it back to KEH, but this would've been a good solution. It looks like they used similar packs. Maybe the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I leave the pack in the camera it runs down in two weeks whether I use it or not. If I take it out, 6 months later it has a charge. There's clearly a design issue in the SLX.

Shooter
    Multi Format

I have had success with................

Take your battery pack to a "Battery +" (is this correct?) location. The internals of a Rollei MF SLR battery pack are a combination of NiCad cells (or the upgrades by type of cell), small as they may be, but generic and replaceable with commonly found components in the battery industry.

You can DIY, or pay for a Battery + service (with warranty) for about the same amount. The repair is a series of 1.2V batteries , and I know that Battery + has done this repair in multiple geographic locations, I have had a great result. If they are available to you, give it a try!

Stay Safe!

FL Guy
    Last edited by FL Guy; 08-15-2013 at 10:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin