Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,646   Online: 786

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

pentax 67ii shutter release

So I just got a P67ii today, bought on eBay. It's been working fine all day, but just a bit ago the shutter stopped firing. All the light meter readouts still work, there's no low battery indicator, the film advance lever won't move forward... I haven't loaded film in the camera yet. Any suggestions as to why it won't fire?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I know, the P67 cameras can't normally be dry fired, or even operated in any respect, without film. I have the older 6x7 model, but that's how mine is.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It was firing all day without film until a couple of hours ago.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    The P67II can be operated and fired without film. I have not experienced such a problem with my P67II. It does not sound good. I hope you can solve the problem. Normally, the P67II is a very reliable camera. I never had any issues in 12 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd return it immediately. I've had this issue with one of mine a couple times. I don't know why it happens. Shut the camera on/off a few times then whack the grip with one hand. Hey, it works for me. I'd be interested in the answer if you get one.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ahhh terrific! i was hoping it was just something little that i was doing wrong. gotta' love ebay. : (

Shooter
    Multi Format
    my pentax 67 (not ii) will not fire w/o film in it. or usually not, as it's not designed to, but every once in awhile I'll notice it will until i open and reclose the back. it will wind w/o film though.

needless to say, i've found they're a camera that tends to have a lot of personality as they age... buying used ones is not as safe as buying a used hassy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I asked the guy I bought it from if he ever had this problem, he said:

"Yes, once or twice, its actually a safeguard, I found out how to fix
    it on internet forums, freaked me out the first time it happened."

I'm waiting to hear back on how he fixed it and what exactly it's a safeguard against.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Exactly, P67II can be operated without film in it. You have run into a problem with the film advance mechanism. It happens right after you fired the shutter and the film advance level won't let you crank again. I have seen some discussion about this somewhere. They said it is dust gets into the film advance mechanism causing something jammed inside. Try to advance the level repeatedly but don't force it. Or tap the advance level with your finger repeatedly. It will work again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the advice. It seems really stuck though. I've been trying to work it the past couple days, but no luck. I'll keep trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin