Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,827   Online: 904

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just purchased a Fuji GS645 and I can't get the flash to work. Is there some trick to it? I put a cheap X sync "Achiever" flash on it and it wouldn't fire. I figured it wouldn't work with my Nikon SB50-DX, but I'm hoping there is a ISO to TTL adapter that I can purchase that will let me use it.

Are there separate batteries for the flash somewhere on the camera maybe? I guess I need to get a manual for it.

Thanks,

William

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, the flash contacts on my GS645 do not require a battery.

Maybe the external flash electrical contacts are dirty or oxidized. Try polishing them with a soft rubber eraser.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I got a hot shoe to PC adapter and found out that the hot shoe on the camera is bad. The pc connection works fine though. Also, the SB50-DX is X sync. I seem to remember Nikon flashes not being compatible with X sync at some point in the past, but I guess they are now.

Thanks,

William

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin