Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,452   Online: 997

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images

Mamiya 7II number of pics per roll

I have had problems with my first or last picture being cut off when I use my 7II. Have any of you had this problem? Is there a way around it? My arrow never lines up with the marks inside the camera.
    Diane

Halak 41

Is the arrow in the film paper centered in the middle of the back of the camera. when you close the back. Then you advance the film advance until it stops at "1".

When I do that I get ten shots.

Also the film must be taken up by the takeup spool, and kept taut (sp?) so it is not sloppy.

Other than that I can't think of what it can be.

Michael McBlane
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't have to advance the film complete once it comes to the arrow before closing the back. It is just a guide as to when you arrive at that spot. Once it lines up, close the back and continue advancing that click on the lever completely. That may be your problem. It only goes about 1/4 the way of advancing the lever before it lines up with the arrow. I hope you understand blonde speak

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a tiny mark below the film guide bars of the carrier. Align the first start mark with it and then close the door. Then advance to #1. I never had any problems getting 10 full frames.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Depends on what film you are using - I have found that Efke films are a bit shorter than most and I only get 9 full frames out of it.

Yes, you have to line up the arrows and there should be no problem with most films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ditto, no problems encountered here either once arrows are aligned.
    Sometimes, if you don't align the arrow before closing the back, you'll still get 10 shots, but your lab might use automated processes to cut your film, and you'll find yourself with chopped-up frames. Happened to me once, from a pro lab too. Highly annoying!

Jin

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    You don't have to advance the film complete once it comes to the arrow before closing the back. It is just a guide as to when you arrive at that spot. Once it lines up, close the back and continue advancing that click on the lever completely. That may be your problem. It only goes about 1/4 the way of advancing the lever before it lines up with the arrow. I hope you understand blonde speak
    Okay. I'll try it again. It seems to happen mostly on my slide films, but it happened on a roll of TMax that I shot (just to get rid of it and see if the shots I had in mind were worth taking with a bigger camera).

I don't recall it happening with my IR films yet (touch wood).

Blonde speak - LOL!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I developed my latest roll of 120 and it came out fine. 10 shots. Go figure!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    35mm RF

OK, I have a basic question re: 6x7 and proofing & neg storage

Hi,

So I'm considering the purchase if a Mamiya 7, but my question pertains to how the Mamiya 7 or other 6x7 format users on this list file and store their negs and proof the 10 frames from a standard roll of 120 film. I can't sem to find any Print File negative storage pages that will hold all 10 negs and I have not used the 6x7 format and I'm not sure what size paper I would use to make a Black & White contact sheet from a complete roll of 10 exposures. This may seem somewhat insignificant, but just wondering what others do.
    Best Regards,

Craig Maxwell

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Printfile makes a negative page that will hold a roll of 6x7; number is 1204UB. Adorama carries them, but i did not see them on B&H and I have not checked with Calumet.
    For contact sheets use Ilford's 8 1/2 X 11 paper, if you want to use fiber you will have to cut down 11 x14 paper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin