Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,995   Online: 796

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    If you really want to think cool Gowland made a twin lens 4x5 at one time. That with a Grafmatic could be used to take kid pictures with, he originally designed it to shoot models.
    Hey yeah... I was just reading about that. Didn't he even make six or seven 8x10 TLRs (?!?!?!). (six or seven UNITS not models)

Man... the mirror slam on those things must be thunderous.

[color=Magenta]Oh gosh. Now I'm embarassed. [this is an edit after glbeas' post below]. right. No mirror delay or *thunk* with TLRs.
    Maybe the next version of APUG could have a go-get-a-cup-of-coffee-then-rethink-your-post delay I could turn on for me. :o
    [/color]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Hey yeah... I was just reading about that. Didn't he even make six or seven 8x10 TLRs (?!?!?!). (six or seven UNITS not models)

Man... the mirror slam on those things must be thunderous.
    Um..nice thing about TLRs, no mirror slam. The mirrors are fixed. Now there was a Graphic SLR, I saw one once at a camera store in Little Rock and recently saw one up for bid on Ebay. Think that would be fun to play with? The noise would probably scare the horses.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format

mamiya autofocus

Hi Cheryl:
    Just another vote for the Mamiya 7, 6x7 neg. tack sharp lenses, light weight etc etc If you have ever used Leica these things are a Leica on steroids.
    RE: Contax AF MF these cameras were very prone to failure at least in their earlier iterations.
    645's with a waist level finder are very challenging to use if your'e making portraits

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All I am reading is that AF medium format is too slow. What about the Leaf Valeo? Is that an alternative for speed?
    K. L. Taylor
    Black and White Studios

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmmmmmmmm ... must be enemy teritory or somethin'!

I've used a pair of first generation 645AFs since late '99, I previously owned a pair of 645 Supers which were later sold for a 'blad 553 which was replaced in the studio by an RZ c.1992.

... neway, before the 645AFs I shot a Nikon F4s system for candids.
    I don't shoot NASCAR, NBA or any other such subjects so "slow" AF on the F4s and slow-er on the 645AF bodies are a non-issue. I don't shoot babies but I don't *think* you'd have a problem with either an AF or an AFD

I still use the RZ for portraiture though
    ... BC was here!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheryl,

Here's a focus aid for your speed graphic not a lot of folks know about.
    http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/kalart-focuspot.html

I'd planned to try it out with my old SG but got off on other projects and sold it to Eric Rose instead..

Cheers,
    Ian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin