Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,323   Online: 989

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ben.

I have a question about the Rollei. I've just discovered my lightmeter is not reading correctly. So I am going to have to guesstimate exposure when using the Rollei. I could use sunny sixteen, but I have noticed the EV table on the rear of the camera also takes account of time of day. How accurate is Rollei's EV guide?

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I expect it's a bit more accurate than sunny sixteen as it accounts for time as well. I can't remember what mine says but do the figures for mid day correspond to sunny sixteen figures?

Somewhere at home I have a rotary dial light guide from the 1950's (I think). You dial in film speed, time of day, month, weather, type of scene and filter factor and it gives you exposure options. It has proved to be surprisingly accurate.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A question about filters. What size do I need for the Vb? I know it is a bayonet 1 fitting for a lens hood, does this apply to filters too? I have seen Rollei filters on Ebay listed with sizes in mm, i.e. 28.5mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bay 1, early Rollei's were screw thread.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian. I knew it was a Bayonet 1 fitting, and that there are other Bayonet fittings for Rolleis, but thought maybe mm was another way to refer to them. Thanks for the clarification.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Thanks Ben.

I could use sunny sixteen, but I have noticed the EV table on the rear of the camera also takes account of time of day. How accurate is Rollei's EV guide?
    Hmmm, sunny sixteen in Sunny Southend - they may have been made for each other.

On a more helpful note, you can also get a Bayonet 1 to 46mm adaptor so you're not restricted to older (unduly expensive?) filters, and you can even use square filter systems if you've already got one. If the square one sticks up into the viewing lens, it's also a good reminder that it's there.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    I had a Rolleiflex T serviced a year or so ago. One of the faults I'd hoped would be rectified was that on the 1 sec setting the shutter sounded to be making heavy weather of it and as if it was only just making it. It didn't sound any different after the service and having played with a couple in shops that are similar, I get the impression that perhaps the 1 sec time is a bit of a weak point of these shutters (perhaps I should qualify that by adding "after all these years"). The amount I worry about it is out of all proportion to the number of occasions I might want to use 1 sec, but with a camera such as a Rollei it goes against the grain not to have everything A1.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've just bought a Rolleiflex from evilbay and was thinking of getting Brian Micleboro to check it over (CLA I mean). Has anyone used him?
    Ta Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by twoeyeandy View Post
    I've just bought a Rolleiflex from evilbay and was thinking of getting Brian Micleboro to check it over (CLA I mean). Has anyone used him?
    Ta Andy
    I wholeheartedly recommend him, he has serviced three of mine. He's a very personable guy too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Update:

Sent off Rolleicord to Newton Ellis & Co. last week, received it back today serviced, shutter repaired etc. I was kept fully informed by phone. A superb service with a very quick turnaround.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin