Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,222   Online: 1202

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rolleiflex lens hood source

Hi,

I am trying to locate a lens hood for a Rolleiflex TLR. I have tried the big guns like Calumet and Adorama and a few others, but it's out of my budget to purchase what they have available.

Anybody that might have a hint where to start looking for an antique like this?

Thankful for help,

- Thomas
    Saint Paul, MN

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have gotten several off of the auction site. Prices fluctuate wildly, but I have gotten a real Rollei lenshade with its leather case for a low-price of $12 and a high of $35. If it's the BayI lens the Yashica lens shades work just fine as well. I wish I had a spare so I could play "Let's Make A Deal" for you - I price things to move - but no such luck. I've found that patience can often reward you if you have the time to wait.

Good Luck!
    Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thomas,
    I have a lens shade for my Yashicia TLR, made by Yashicia and it works really well. I also have an off brand for the same cameras and it isn't worth owning... Doesn't fit well and isn't tight once it is fitted to the lens.
    Watch E-Bay there are shades up for bid almost weekly and the going price is about $30. I got lucky and bought a Yashica 124G for $47. and the person threw in the Yashica lens shade... That won't happen again.
    Anyway good luck

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thomas
    E-Bay has a Rolleiflex lens shade up for bid at this time item # 3818791569
    Hope this helps

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ebay is probably the cheapest route, last one I got there we $20 and came with a Rolleicord III! If you can't wait ritzcam.com, pacificrimcamera.com, or goodwinphotoinc.com usually have a selection of collector quality at that premium as well as users that are reasonable (I got one from Ritz for $35). Bottom line is to get one, it makes a difference with a TLR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all,

I checked all of these sources out. One way or another, I'll have a lens shade for a Rolleiflex shortly...

Thank you,

- Thomas

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by huggyviking
    Hi all,

I checked all of these sources out. One way or another, I'll have a lens shade for a Rolleiflex shortly...

Thank you,

- Thomas
    Do you still need one? PM me if you do.
    hi!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin