Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,158   Online: 815

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by slnce-z-gsi View Post

Do I understand correctly that the Mamiya 645 Pro TL does not offer exposure data imprinting on the film?
    No, it does not. That feature is a bit of a rarity in the camera world, but Contax was really into it. The 645 Pro is a great camera, though, and it's a bargain for what you get. Most other medium format systems will run you at least a couple of times more for an equivalent kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    - Sirius -
    thanks. I am of course aware of the Hasselblad V cameras, but that camera just would not be what I am looking for - a easy to hand hold, possibly eye level, AE camera with right hand grip.

- lxdude -
    great to hear that there is angle finder available for the Pentax 645! I would definitely need it - I like shooting low sometime (easy with Rolleiflex T) and would like to have that option with 645 SLR too.

Actually - I am now quite set on the Pentax 645N. I have just missed one with 45-85 lens. Should I really manage to get one I will probably do some "psychological consultations" to get the Contax 645 out of my mind

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matus,

Have you decided on the 645N or NII? I must confess the Pentax does look like an attractive option, although when using my RF645 camera I occasionally would prefer the camera to give a 6x7 negative.

www.ffordes.com lists a Pentax 645N with 45-85mm lens at the moment.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    - Tom -
    I would take the NII over N, but the differences are small and the price difference is rather large. Yes - I know that there is a N with 45-85 offered by the ffordes (who seem to be trustable seller - at least what people say around here) however I find the £800 a bit too much although I may be wrong - I have seen rather little 45-85 being sold yet so I do not have a good estimate on the price.

Yes - the 6x7 negative would be nice (one of the reasons why Mamiya 7 complicates my decision a bit) but the size and weight of the 6x7 SLR gear is just too much and large mirrors make the hand holding problematic. In fact - one of the features that attracts me to Pentax is the well damped mirror. But also the second tripod mount is cool - I have a lightweight carbon tripod (Feisol CT-3442 and Photo Clamm PC33 ball head) which actually holds my 4x5 gear, but still it will improve the stability when the camera does not have to be flipped on side for vertical shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matus,

Considering the sound of the Bronica SQ-B 6x6 mirror slap, I'd imagine a 6x7 SLR would produce even more vibration. The Pentax 645N mirror is supposed to be well-dampened from recollection.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by slnce-z-gsi View Post

Actually - I am now quite set on the Pentax 645N. I have just missed one with 45-85 lens. Should I really manage to get one I will probably do some "psychological consultations" to get the Contax 645 out of my mind
    It thought you'd end up with the 645N. It seemed to be the way you were heading.
    Some "wallet consultations" :o were all I needed to get the Contax out of my mind.

KEH has a 45-85 in transit to them. I don't know if shipping from the US works for you; just wanted to let you know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Matus,

Considering the sound of the Bronica SQ-B 6x6 mirror slap, I'd imagine a 6x7 SLR would produce even more vibration. The Pentax 645N mirror is supposed to be well-dampened from recollection.

Tom
    Here we go again with the great mirror slap urban myth. <<sigh>>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkKcbyh2CrA

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

keh has a 645n in LN- condition...you better not get it before i do!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Weight of Pentax lenses

Hi guys, sorry if someone else has posted this, I had a (very) quick flick through the post and couldn't see this info, so I thought I'd add it... if anyone was still interested, that is!

I have the original Pentax 645 with four lenses, so I thought I'd quickly pop them on my kitchen scales an give you weight conscious fellows some exact numbers to go on. Please remember though, these are all the manual focus versions of these lenses, not exactly sure how the auto cousins would compare. All measurements were taken with both front and rear caps on, but all filters removed:

35mm - 506g
    55mm - 433g
    75mm (non LS) - 268g
    150mm - 460g

Also, just for interests sake, the body, with body cap on, an unloaded 120 back in, and the original thin Pentax strap attached weighed in at 1550g (1.55Kg).

Hope this might be of some help to someone.

Just on a purely subjective note, I just flew back yesterday from a family wedding up in Noosa where I have been wielding this kit for the past week and I have to say, this is one superp piece of equipment, even without the 'easier to handle' dials of the N and NII models, nor the selective metering modes. Every time I spend some quality time with this kit, I fall in love with it all over again, this 55mm would have to be one of my all time favourite lenses, if ever I were forced to only have one lens for this camera, that would be it.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Steve. I have most of the weights by now, but it is still nice to have a confirmation.

I have heard only good things about the A 55/2.8 - strange that Pentax omitted it from the FA update (I do not count the very new version here). While I plan to get the FA 45-85/4.5 I will most probably get the 55 too as it is my favorite focal length and can be had for little (I tend to consider lenses for under €200 as cheap )

I keep my eye on the KEH and FFORDES. Is there any trustable seller of used gear out there to check?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin