Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,806   Posts: 1,581,414   Online: 1140

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a Rolleicord III (Xenar lens, similar to the Tessar-type Rokkor on the Autocord) and a Rolleiflex 2.8C (Planar) and have done some casual comparing of the two. (Actually, I've got an Autocord as well, but the focus lever has fallen apart and I need to fix it someday.) The results basically are that (1) the Rolleicord has really good optics; and (2) the Rolleiflex has even better optics: sharper, contrastier, less vignetting when wide open and more subjective "pop". I'd expect to see the same relation between the 'flex and an Autocord.

I don't think the optical difference justifies the price difference, on purely optical grounds and as a hobbyist user. (Someone who was more dependent on exquisite optical quality would naturally feel otherwise, and I'm intentionally neglecting the general "feels right" vibe of the 'flex and other non-optical considerations.)

I've never heard of a reasonable person being disappointed in the quality of an Autocord (except for that focussing lever).

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Rolleicord IVa and have really enjoyed shooting with it, but I enjoyed it even more after having the viewing screen replaced with a Maxwell screen. You will find many diverse opinions about this, but I think the older Rollei TLRs with factory viewfinders were rather dim.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin