Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,999   Online: 792

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad film back dark slide holder

Does anyone know if the plastic contraption on current A12 film backs, used to hold the dark slide, is available as an after market add-on for earlier generations of backs? Also, if anyone has retrofitted one, could you describe the process? Thanks,

Ted

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.adorama.com/LHHDSK.html

Here is another spot:

http://www.virtualvillage.com/dark-s..._medium=shcomp

Do you know how to use Google Search?

All I did was type in:

hasselblad dark slide holder

Try it for yourself.

Happy Holiday!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought a bunch of them from Ebay. A couple of dollars a piece. Seems to be pretty hard for a lot of people to use a simple thing as a search engine. Looks like some folks think its easyer to write a question on APUG in stead of write the same words on Google and get an instant answer. Many APUGS members must feel like a living search engine

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They are, from China (have a look on eBay).

I haven't tried any (don't really see the point, and don't like the look. The Lindahls are even worse) so don't know how good or bad they are.
    They are glued on, so it's no more than getting them in the right position, and sticking them on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My searches of APUG and other forums were unsuccessful and, in my confusion, I did not think to look at Adorama. Thanks for the links,
    Ted
    Last edited by Theo43; 04-03-2010 at 07:21 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just another thought to help...

Maybe this isn't correct but I thought I would share.

I don't hardly ever use the dark slides and I keep them in a cabinet! I don't change backs that often but if you do then you may need the dark slides available when you are out making pictures. My line of thinking is to keep the dark slides out so as the gaskets can remain at max thickness as, I believe, it gets compressed, albeit just a little, each time the dark slide is inserted. And, from what I've read, light problems develop when the dark slides are out! I've never had to replace/rebuild any film backs yet. Haven't had a reason to do so. Maybe it's time to get them done. When I was 100% film based I operated the same way. How did I do 'dat? With multiple cameras. I found it takes much less time to put one camera down, pick up another than inserting dark slides and changing backs. Time is precious at certain events!

Smiles & Lots of Fun!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo43 View Post
    Does anyone know if the plastic contraption on current A12 film backs, used to hold the dark slide, is available as an after market add-on for earlier generations of backs? Also, if anyone has retrofitted one, could you describe the process? Thanks,

Ted
    Since no one answered the question because it was more important to scold you for not using Google, I'll answer your question -- NO, the OEM dark slide holders that appear on the late-model backs are not available separately. The Lindahl aftermarket and the Chinese "For Hasselblad" ones you see on eBay get mixed reviews. I find it easier to just slip the slide into a shirt pocket when shooting and only use it when I'm swapping backs. Of course in the four years since you posted your question, you're probably comfortable shooting with the Hasselblad, or have moved on or died by now, but if you've been relying on the slide as a shutter safety, be careful moving the camera around if you've already advanced the film and start leaving the slide out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, way to dig up a dead thread, lol.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Lindahl aftermarket on all my Hasselblad film backs.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin