Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,244   Online: 1023

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For my Mamiya 645 Super and 645 Pro and my leaf shutter lens, I set the camera shutter to 1/8, the lens shutter to whatever speed is appropriate, and the stop down metering switch on the lens (the "A-M" switch) to A.

If you don't want to use the leaf shutter for a particular shot, set the shutter speed indicator on the lens to "F", and the shutter speed indicator on the camera to whatever speed is appropriate.

The regular shutter release on the camera is the one you use - you just have to remember to cock the shutter on the lens each time.

On my cameras, the camera's battery powers the meter in the metering prism. If I recall correctly, I believe it is the same for yours.

You are correct about the X synch on the lens - as long as you are using the leaf shutter, that is where you attach the flash.

I'm assuming you have the manual. If not, here is the link to the pdf on Mamiya's site:

http://www.mamiya.com/assets/pdfs/645/M645_1000S_v4.pdf

Congratulations - enjoy yourself!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just won a couple of ebay auctions, one for another Gossen, a Luna Pro F ($29 shipped!), so I can take flash and/or fill flash readings and just use a 9v battery and the other for a weird old german set of bellows called Seymour's Multiscope, which I will endeavor to frankenstein into a working tilt/shift setup that will work on either the 645 1000s or my Canon AE-1 (obviously I'm going to shoot for the 645 first and I will need some extra body and lens back caps and some scratch paper)...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The seller of the Luna Pro F I bought for $22 + shipping sent me a message saying that we each are given our time to steal something from ebay and that this was my time, congratulations... Kinda funny. But serious great deal on a "backup" meter... i shoulda gotten the "F" in the first place, no battery adaptors or any weirdness like that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First off, a 1000s is not a beast, a rb67 is a beast. The x sync is exactly what it sounds like. Hook it up using a pc cable to your 283 and shoot away... at any speed. The meter runs off camera battery. Those lens are nice. No other advice as far as leaf shutters. My lens for the 1000s don't have them and I am not sure if I will every really need one. Of course, my rb lens are all leaf shutters.
    Good luck.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my M645 so much I had to buy a backup. Congrats and happy shooting!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin