Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,896   Online: 1091

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Just ordered a Mamiya 645 1000S...

My Kiev 60's 80mm lens started making very bad noises for no reason at all (aside from the camera's awesome build), so I'm deciding to get a Mamiya 645 1000s w/ some extra toys to go with the Gossen Luna Pro I am waiting for in the mail instead of putting any money into the kiev...

It's going to be an awesome summer.

Here's a link:

Mamiya 645 1000S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You will like the Mamiya, nice camera.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congrats!
    Just like you - I was shooting Pentacon 6 + 4 CZJ lenses for a while until last year I found sweet deal on 1000s + 80/1.9 + 45/2.8 (C versions)... you're gonna love it and appreciate it's reliability and mechanics, everything feels right with 1000s.
    For me, the best possible camera that could be ever be built would be M645 1000s capable of taking 6x6 images, but that would need also a new line of lenses.
    Enjoy your camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    M645 1000s is a really great camera! What lens(es) did you get?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's got a 55mm amd a 210mm of unspecified speeds. I guess if they are both agreeable lenses, I will just be after a 80-90mm and maybe a 150mm from the used sector- the 645 lenses seem far more abundantly available (and affordable) than the pentacon 6 lenses for the kiev. I am very excited about this new kit!

Shooter
    35mm
    Congrats. Looks like a nice kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alas, I parted with my 1000S after a long romance. Keeping my Hassy but letting go of my 55, 80 and 150 lense kit and body to KEH. It was so clean once I saw it go online they went in just 2 days.

You will love the camera, I certainly did. Have many memories come from it. Just keep an extra battery with you. They can last 3 years, but if you do not use it for a while I'd hit the battery check button before I shoot the first frame, if neede then you will have your spare ready. I had one 1000S go out of synce firing it with a dead battery and had to have it serviced to get it back working, contrary to all known accounts of just put a new battery in it... that does work 99% of the time, just shows I'm special huh! Top 1%.

Also, if it has real age on it, look at the seals on the film door. That too can erode away and cause some issues. Had those replaced when I had the camera servied. (KEH did it)

Enjoy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What do I need a battery for? i'm not sure if the prism is metered or not, but i'll be metering with a gossen anyway... It needs a battery to sync to a flash? i've got a vivitar 283 that would be cool to be able to use with the 645.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The 645 has electronically-controlled shutter speeds & needs a PX28 or equivalent 6V to work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Congrats on your new camera, enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin