Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,321   Online: 1087

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Couldn't agree more with what was already said. I bought a 503CW recently at first with one 120 back. I now have three of them. There is just more variety of 120 film out there and that is why originally chose the 120 back.

Now that I have more or less standardized on my film, and they are available in 220, I have been thinking of getting a couple 220 backs for my 'standard' film and using the 120 backs for the 'neat' stuff.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaHL
    Thank you for your feedback.

I'd noticed that more films were available in 120 but hadn't realized they were cheaper.

I shoot virtually exclusively B&W. I hadn't realized that +/- development would be available only with 120; why is that?

I actually am not doing my own darkroom work, but my lab technician does it all by hand, and he will accommodate my requests for +/- development.

Tom, I considered going with a 501CM but decided that I might wish I'd had the flexibility of the 503CW; do you have any thoughts about that? Do you find that you can hand-hold at some pretty slow shutter speeds?

I also hadn't realized that it was the wedding photographers' switch to digital that resulted in my being able to afford a Hasselblad system! What irony.

Again, my gratitude.
    The 503CW has OTF automatic flash metering capability - other than that it is like the 501CM. If the 503CW had been available in 1981 I'd have bought it instead of the 501CM.

I can hand hold at very slow shutter speeds with reasonable success - however, with Medium Format, I shoot nearly everything with a cable release, from a tripod (I'm a sharpness freak).
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, everyone. I think that I will start with one 120 back and then keep in mind the idea of adding a second as a way to help me problem-solve time crunches, lighting issues, etc. (unless the store happens to have a used 'kit' with more than one 120 back; wouldn't that be convenient?). There's a wealth of info on this forum. Thanks so much for taking the time to offer some of your thoughts and experience to help me. Now I'm going to start a thread asking y'all why you chose MF in the first place ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin