Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,934   Online: 936

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Advice needed on Hassy kit value.

Im looking to buy my first Hasselblad today and was wondering what i should offer the seller. I have not seen to kit in person yet but in the photos it looks to be in great condition. Below is what the kit includes.

- Hasselblad 500c/m body
    - 80mm f/2.8 zeiss T* lens
    - A12 film back
    - A24 film back
    - Hasselblad 45 degree metered prism
    - Hasselblad leather strap
    - Hasselblad 55 extension tube
    - Leather hasselblad eveready type case
    - Vintage leather hasselblad hard case

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i depends on the inner workings but that setup will SELL for about 550-700

Shooter
    Medium Format
    on a related note... don't sell it... keep it... it's a good setup but if you do... you'll make more money parting the kit out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look at completed auctions on ebay, and look up pices on KEH's web site. Note that retail prices such as KEH's are about double what they would pay for the item.
    Often a private party sale lands somewhere in between a wholesale price and retail, a lot depends on the market. I've seen Hasselblads sit for weeks on end in Craigslist ads around here, even when they are offered at reasonable prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The seller wants $800 for the kit. I sent him an email counter offer of $700. I know i can get a good kit cheaper but the metered prism is a plus for me.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd say the cases might be worth a bit also - certainly for a collector. $700 sounds like a good buy to me if everything is in good working order. Obviously worthwhile budgeting for a CLA regardless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Assuming it's not the early 45 metered prism. I don't think those are worth any more than a NC2.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd say 800 is a real steal... considering everything that's with it... he could sell separately as follows:
    body -275-375 depending on condition
    lens - 180-275 depending on condition
    A12 back - $75-$120
    A24 back - $90-$150
    Prism - 150-350
    extension tube - $60-120

when you add that up - you're looking at considerably more than 800... that's not even considering the cases, etc...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd take a typical value for the body w/ WLF (though a WLF is not listed), 80mm T*, and A12 of about $550-650. Then add for what the other items are worth to you - either to keep or sell off.

Keep in mind that T* lenses be valued higher than non-T* lenses. Also, the A24 back may be worth far less than the A12 given the increasingly limited options for 220 film. Add $s if you have the opportunity to see, feel, test the shutter, and return if a problem. Add a bit more from a seller you trust (or, conversely, deduct if a "pig in a poke").

As you may already know, leaf shutters don't like prolonged periods of inactivity. So a lightly used camera may be better than one not used for a long time.

$700 or even $800 may not be the deal of a lifetime but very reasonable if the gear is in very good condition.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    A12 back - $75-$120
    A24 back - $90-$150
    A24's are not more expensive than A12s.

That is, if you find ones that are, know then that they shouldn't be: people have been rushing to dump those on a large scale, since there is very little film you can run through an A24 back left, and as soon as the very few remaining films are discontinued in 220 format, these backs can only be used as desk ornaments.

So i'd consider an A24 a free extra with no real value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin