Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,477   Online: 953

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First MF - Kodak folder, using 616 film. It was big enough to contact print (I was 11, and my dad helped me set up my first darkroom).

Second MF - Mamiya C330. I was working in a camera store while going to university, and while we sold Hassleblad's regularly, I certainly couldn't justify one of those. But when it was quiet, I kept gravitating to that big beautiful Mamiya demonstrator that just didn't seem to be getting the attention from the customers that I thought it deserved. Then my boss made me an offer ....

Still have the C330, and my dad thinks he has found the folder, and I intend to reclaim it.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A camera is just a tool and has to work to solve the problem at hand. For me, the luscious tonality of MF prints is the best reason to use them. For non-professional use, the portability and expense are important criteria- keeping in mind "is is appropriate to the kind of image I want to create?"

I've owned Bronica (S2a), Hassleblad, [B]Mamiya[I] 7 and Six (folder), Pentax 4.5x6 and 6x7, and Yashica 124G plys a bunch of folders. The Bronica was the best buy, the Mamiya 7 has the best optics, the Pentax 6x7 is most versatile, the folders are the most fun. And photography should be FUN!

When I travel, the Mamiya 7 with a 150 lens and the late model folding Mamiya Six are my constant companions. If it's a car trip, the Pentax 6x7 system and the Mamiya Six are the sole cameras along...

Whatever, choose what feels right for you and brings you pleasure to use.

Russ
    \

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Why Medium Format (MF)?

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]To some degree the choice of MF system might be considered in light of one's subject matter and budget. [/size][/font]
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]I got into MF shortly after my daughter was born and I sure enjoy the quality of the images. Furthermore, when shooting vast expanses and landscapes, the MF is one of the ideal formats.[/size][/font]
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Details and high acutance are important to me most of the time so MF and 4x5 are important for my photography.[/size][/font]
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]If cost is an issue you might consider cameras other the "H.." system which is pretty pricy, I prefer Mamiya...but of course, the final decision rests with the photographer.[/size][/font]
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My children.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin