Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,973   Online: 904

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pamela, given that you're going to be photographing people, you will find yourself shooting in rapid succession at times, even if you don't plan to. You just will. You tend to shoot unposed, from what I've seen, and you don't want to miss a moment because you couldn't catch it fast enough. I don't think a winder is necessary (it's pretty fast to manually advance it). But you might consider a prism. I've gotten used to the waist-level finder, but it's quite tough to track at first, and remains hard for me to focus well. I do like that the waist-level finder keeps the camera away from my face, but I'm going to have to go to a prism very shortly.

Back in the days when I had an RZ 67 I used it with both the prism and waist level finder. I much prefered the prism, not because of the reversed image with the waist level, but because it made it much easier for me to keep the camera level. Maybe, as some people pointed out, it's what you're used to. I never got used to the waist level finder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I prefer to use a prism finder (PME) as it has a built in EV meter, I used to have a separate meter, but that got nicked along with my old CX and everything with it.
    I bought a 503CW Millenium, standard lens and a PME meter prism (which all fit in a Lowepro TZ1 toploader perfectly) I find this setup very easy to use.
    My eyesight isn't that good so I would have to use the pop up magnifier in the hood a lot to focus. I don't think I've used the hood since I bought the camera.
    Now I use the hood to veiw my slides in a lightbox (a perfect lupe for 6x6)
    Its all a matter of personal taste in the end.

Rhys.

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    45 angle finder, definitely. With the waist-level, my hair would get in the way of the lens, I would get blasted headaches from my head being bent over all the while, and the reversal thing is just irritating when composing. KEH has fair prices, and they are so knowledgeable, helpful and kindly.
    K. L. Taylor
    Black and White Studios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin