Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,966   Online: 1058

Shooter
    Multi Format

What is a Mamiya C-330 worth about?

Last month while visiting my sister, she had to have her taxes done so we went to the H&R Block office. Coming out we passed a little newspaper place that had old cameras in the window. I had a box of her papers in my hand and she was in a hurry but anyway, I gave them a quick look over. There were the usual Polaroids, Kodak Brownies, beat up Ansco cameras and then a Mamiya C-330. WHAT? I was visiting again yesterday and as I left town I stopped in and asked if they were willing to sell the C-330. The founders granddaughter asked me if I collected cameras. Well, no, but one doesn't use a c-330 for a paper weight either, Right? So I looked up on ebay and I found one (in the completed auctions) that is in blue that sold for nearly $980. I was floored because I told her that those were $200 cameras. I wrote her today to tell her that I was way off, and that I was not interested in it, but I was just wondering, what would a good C-330 go for? I didn't touch it so I can't tell if this one was even working, but it looked like it was in great shape. I'm a rb user so I don't know beans about a TLR.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Check KEH. $980 is high, but $200 is probably low. There is also the condition thing, and what model it is and what lens is on it ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    eBay listings aren't always an indication of worth or even market value.

go back to that 980 auction and click the bid history.

I'm willing to bet there was a bidding war between 2 low ranking eBayers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well...

I was just looking through some old papers of mine.

I found the sales receipt for my Mamiya C330 with 80mm f/2.8 blue-dot lens.

$400.00 plus taxes. Included case, box, manual and manufacturer's warranty.

It is important to remember that this was a Canadian sale of a store demonstrator to a staff member.

And that it was in 1976 .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Recent "sold" prices on ebay ranged from $872 (with shipping) in "amazing condition" with four lenses, down to $64 (with shipping) with one lens in nominally unknown but "as is" condition. It looks like quite a few of them are selling in about the $150-300 range.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Ric, I bought mine off ebay before Xmas for $550AUD (about $500USD) with 55, 80, 110, 180 lenses, 1 WLF and 1 prism finder. All in excellent working condition. The 80 lens is a little beat up but it works perfectly.

But that's the Aussie ebay site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should rub my wife's nose in this thread.

Four years ago, when kids were 3 and 6 and she had not yet returned to work, I found a local newpaper listing selling a darkroom gear and camera.

It was an omega 6x6 dichroic with a 50 and 80 lens and carriers, two timers, trays, safelight etc and a pentax analog spotmenter, and a c330f with an 80 lens. It went for $750Cad, and I knew it was a deal.

Then I went and cleaned out the work room, and ebayed of extra stuff when the site was still feasible for independent little sellers to use. made $650usd for a data logger , so she was then off my back.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since you didn't know the actual condition of the camera, I would have given her 250.00 and still slept at night.

Anyone who pays 980 dollars for a c330 is probably crazy. Too many nice cameras in this world for a heck of a lot less money.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I got mine for $300 Canadian a few years ago from someone who used it for weddings. It came with an 80 blue dot lens and a porofinder which I replaced with a WLF. Just needed a bit of cleaning and it was in decent shape. $980 seems crazy high to me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin