Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,150   Online: 862

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Just bought my...

first Hasselblad!

a chrome 500 EL/M with waist level finder and battery + charger for a scant $175 from keh.

My father has a number of A12 backs and lenses for his own 553 ELXs, so once I'm home from college for the summer in the next 2 weeks I'll be able to use those.

I'm very excited to enter the Hasselblad world with an EL/M of my own

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations, Chris! You've got a very nice pool of backs and lenses for the Summer, too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't wait! My girlfriend and I are going on a few trips this summer, I'm planning on bringing the Hass with us (she wields a Yashica Mat 124G that formerly belonged to me before I gave it to her as a gift). Should be great!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    I can't wait! My girlfriend and I are going on a few trips this summer, I'm planning on bringing the Hass with us (she wields a Yashica Mat 124G that formerly belonged to me before I gave it to her as a gift). Should be great!
    Your GF wields a Yashica Mat? - Keep her.

What lens or lenses are you going with?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Way to go! I hope you enjoy it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations! Enjoy your new camera.

"Hasselblad: Ask the man who owns one"

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't hassle the 'blad
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chris00nj View Post
    Your GF wields a Yashica Mat? - Keep her.

What lens or lenses are you going with?
    I will probably use the 150/4 quite a bit, as my father owns two of them, so it won't take away from his kit if I take one on extended loan from him

He has two 80/2.8s as well, I believe, so I'll take one of those too.

I'd like to get something wider at some point as well, like the 50, but having shot excessively with the 75/3.5 on my Rollei, and the 80/3.5 on my girlfriend's Yashica, I'm not too concerned about immediately acquiring additional lenses. Mainly, I'll welcome the extra speed and more precise viewing of the Hasselblad.

And yes, I'm very happy to have a girlfriend who is interested in film photography, she also has a Nikomat with a stable of lenses at home. She's essentially my other half.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    And yes, I'm very happy to have a girlfriend who is interested in film photography, she also has a Nikomat with a stable of lenses at home. She's essentially my other half.
    It's good to be with someone who will encourage your creativity (my wife gave me a Pentax 6x7, which has prompted my return to film after some time wandering in the digital wilderness). Just be careful of mutual GAS, or you'll be "that packrat couple with all the camera gear".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very nice, have fun with it. I just finished my third roll with my new\old 500CM. Loving it so far. I went with a 50 to start with for something different as I had been shooting a lot with 75's on my TLR's. Hoping to pick up an 80 soon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin