Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,949   Online: 920

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite 6x6 brand?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bronica

16 11.43%
  • Hasselblad

51 36.43%
  • Rollei

39 27.86%
  • Holga

8 5.71%
  • Mamiya [6 rangefinder (?)]

24 17.14%
  • Exacta

1 0.71%
  • Seagull

1 0.71%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Jeremy,

Please post more about your Holga experiences. I've recently gotten interested in what's possible with cheap 120s. I've got the idea that it'd be cool to keep a couple in the car -- one loaded with fast film, the other loaded with slow. With a single shutter speed and two apertures, I'm thinking the Holga and development by inspection would be a great combination.

My wife, Dianna, has taken posession of the DSLR, and she's welcome to it. It'd be nice, though, for me to have something cheap I can keep in the car at all times for unexpected shooting.

-KwM-
    In another part of the country that would probably work, but here in Texas those things would probably melt. Maybe not the harder plastic of the body, but the lens is also plastic and will probably melt (if left in your car) to the point of giving you completely soft images. I ran through my first Holga as mostly experimentation: the shutter is controlled by a simple spring and eventually this spring goes bad. This has happened on my first holga and I haven't gotten around to removing the shutter assembly--then you just use the lens cap and do bulb exposures with it. My other Holga, the nice one with velcroed back to stop light leaks, the one without gaft tape everywhere, the one with a shutter... it's taking a vacation in London with my girlfriend for the month. It really doesn't have two apertures, more like one and a switch which doesn't really do anything. Hopefully Leon will post here, he has a lot of experience with toy cameras. For more info you can also look at http://www.toycamera.com
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yashica A.

Sharp enough, nice warm glass, fun to use, and 1/100th of the cost of some LF lenses I've bought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    I have been contemplating the ARAX web site for some time, now - toying with the idea of one of the ARAX "metered" prisms for use on my Hasselblad 503Cx's. Any experience/ advice about those?

I wish ARAX would produce magazines interchangeable with the 'Blads ... I'd buy a dozen of those.
    One of the Kiev Spot Meter prisms is a permanent accessory on my Hassleblad 501CM.

The film backs look like they will fit the Hassy - but they won't - unless they are modified. Hartblei (Kiev) modified a bunch of the Kiev backs for the Hassy, but they are hard to find.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Jeremy, you said, "In another part of the country that would probably work, but here in Texas those things would probably melt."

I keep a Holga in the truck here all the time and so far, no melting. Go for it.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Jeremy, you said, "In another part of the country that would probably work, but here in Texas those things would probably melt."

I keep a Holga in the truck here all the time and so far, no melting. Go for it.

lee\c
    When my international holga gets back it's going in the car! And in any case, I'm not sure why I'm so afraid of breaking a $16 camera.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    When my international holga gets back it's going in the car! And in any case, I'm not sure why I'm so afraid of breaking a $16 camera.
    I'll take a quick guess here:

Maybe it's because you are a college student (read: permanently broke).
    Or maybe it's because you are a photographer (read: permanently broke). Or maybe it's the idea of scraping off molten chinese plastic from your car seats... But heck, if it can survive a car here in Texas, people ought to take their Holgas to saunas

The film, however, might get a bit upset with the heat. But since its a Holga shoting...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Flexaret? Never heard of it. Tell me more...

off to google!

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Flexaret? Never heard of it. Tell me more...

off to google!

-KwM-
    Try this guy on ebay, cupog. I've only bought a WLF for a Pentacon from him, but he's got good stuff there, including flexarets.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cupog-Collect...isplayZ2QQtZkm

He only ships on thursdays, (from Slovakia), so take that into account.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bronica S
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shesh
    Bronica S
    How do you like it? I'm thinking of getting a bronica (either a "C", "S", "S2" or SQ model)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin