Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,619   Online: 750

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite 6x6 brand?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bronica

16 11.43%
  • Hasselblad

51 36.43%
  • Rollei

39 27.86%
  • Holga

8 5.71%
  • Mamiya [6 rangefinder (?)]

24 17.14%
  • Exacta

1 0.71%
  • Seagull

1 0.71%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

330s

Very happy with my 2 Mamiya 330s-you can buy a whole outfit for less than the price of one Hasslebald lens and the lenses are vg (make sure you get the later black ones).The bellows are handy for close focusing too.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I started photo 10 or more years ago with a russian 6x6 Lubitel which broke down because of the poor fabrication (the lenses lost their synchro so I couldn't focus). It was my only new camera, after that I only bought second hand cameras. A Mamiya C330F and different lenses from time to time when I could afford (I was student) : 55, 80, 105DS, 180 lenses. Very great camera that I resold in 1996 to get a second hand Rollei 6008 Pro with only the 80mm. Then I bought a 120mm macro. Actually I also collect 4x4 cameras like Baby Rolleiflex, Yashica 44 and Komaflex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bought a Yashica C on ebay a couple years ago. Got it cheap, paid cash picked it up in person. The seller even threw in a couple of rolls. No built in meter, the leather case was falling apart and the view finder is a little dirty, but the lens is some sharp! Wish my eyes were that sharp...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    have YashicaMat 124G for 6x6 format. just purchased Mamiya M645J and also shooting with the Yashica 44. I like the larger negative.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Over a period of some 40 years I have used Rollei TLR's, Mamiya TLR's, Bronica, Hassleblad and Rollei SLR's. I got my first Rollei SL66 sometime in the early 1980's used if for around a year and traded it for a Hassleblad. The Hassie lasted a year or so and then I went back to the SL66 which has remained my 6x6 of choice since. It feels the best to me, has great flexability and great optics.

OTOH, 6x6 is the format I shoot least frequently in most instances; I shoot primarily LF. But there are some times when it is perfect. Two weeks ago I had to shoot a summer festival, antique car show, etc. The SL66 with a couple of lenses and backs did the eyoman work that day.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rollei 2.8F Planar

I carry in a nice small bag with filters, lens hood, Weston light meter and film. Recently had the transport and shutter overhauled by Fleenor. When I get the exposure right the negatives are beautiful. It is one of my favorite cameras.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hooray! Another person who loves the Yashicamat 124G!

Why this isn't in the polling list? Maybe too few users or something......but it's a bit surprising to see a Hasselblad there but not a Yashicamat! The Holga I can understand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a lot of MF 6x6 camera makes that were not listed.

Major omissions (IMO) include the Zeiss 6x6 folders, the Zeiss TLRs, the Minolta TLRs, the Mamiya TLRs, the Olympus TLRs and the Meopta Flexaret TLRs - to name a few. Then there are the Ukrainian 6x6 SLRs and the Russian 6x6 folders. Also omitted were the East German Pentacon 6 series of 6x6 SLRs.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    There are a lot of MF 6x6 camera makes that were not listed.

Major omissions (IMO) include the Zeiss 6x6 folders, the Zeiss TLRs, the Minolta TLRs, the Mamiya TLRs, the Olympus TLRs and the Meopta Flexaret TLRs - to name a few. Then there are the Ukrainian 6x6 SLRs and the Russian 6x6 folders. Also omitted were the East German Pentacon 6 series of 6x6 SLRs.
    ...as well as the Graflex XL.

I use a Hasselblad. There are no better optics and the ergonomics make it a pleasure to use hand held. If I'm going to be bound to a tripod I'll use a view camera anyway. I do miss the lack perspective controls on the Rollei SL66, but maybe someday I'll get a Flexbody.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin