Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,862   Online: 968

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Newbie with MF Bug: Need help with Bronie ETRSi

I recently got this MF bug and after lurking around the forums for a few months, I ordered a BGN ETRSi last month from KEH and just got back my first roll back from Walmart (fuji) processing. There are a few things that I am not able to understand and need some help on:
    1. The picture sizes are less tha 4.5cmx6cm. Is this normal?
    2. I got only 12 shots from the ETRSi. My understanding was, I will get 15 exposures from a 120 roll.
    3. The distance between the exposures are uneven and beteen 3 to 4cm. Should it not be same and much less?

Is there a problem with my camera or am I doing something terribly wrong? Any help will be appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    1. I've never actually measured mine, but they fit my neg carriers perfectly .. so I'd say that's not normal
    2. I get 15 negs on a 120 roll
    3. I do have some variation, just figured it was due to uneven cranking :-) But in general they are pretty even ... good enough to scissor through where I need to.

Possible you got a bad 120 back .... KEH has a return policy I believe, so have them swap it.

As for #2 .... did you load the film right ... up to the arrow? Did it shoot to 15 frames on the counter? Seems really odd that it would let loose after just 12 frames.

BTW .. Walmart? No :-) Maybe THEY screwed your film up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    www.tamron.com/bronica/prod/etrsi.asp

Frame size: 42.5 x 55.1mm

Maybe a bad back. Also make sure the roll is not loose after loading.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone for the clarification. I believe I have a problem in either the body or the 120 back. As the connection between the back and the body is through a simple set of sprockets and I have checked all the sprockets for any decay/misalignment. Just to isolate the fault, would like to request anyone who has a ETRS/ ETRSi can you please post the distance between the exposure for a 120 film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    The winding handle on my bronnie turns about one full turn per exposure, just checked it on the multi exposure setting,Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Presuming the film is loaded correctly, 15 exposures & more or less even spacing is the norm. The spacing should be on the order of mm NOT cm.
    645 is the nominal size, not actual. Both camera and enlarger manufacturers get to play with it a little.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey you never told us if you got blank frames/film back from Walmart, or if the negs were just really spaced far apart.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prasanta View Post
    Thanks everyone for the clarification. I believe I have a problem in either the body or the 120 back. As the connection between the back and the body is through a simple set of sprockets and I have checked all the sprockets for any decay/misalignment. Just to isolate the fault, would like to request anyone who has a ETRS/ ETRSi can you please post the distance between the exposure for a 120 film?
    Roughly 8mm between exposures on my ETRS.
    Henrik Lauridsen

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks again for the insights. No blank space, my negatives are spaced between 2-3 cm. BTW, I use the speedgrip and it takes two cocking to get to the shot. Is this normal? Haven't tried the crank yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, it is normal. One full stroke and the second one a little less. The crank, one revolution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin