Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,032   Online: 797

Shooter
    Medium Format

WLF Focus Problem

There's a similar thread to mine, but not exactly the same. I recently bought a Rolleicord III and I'm not able to view accurate focus while I have my glasses on and using the pop up magnifier on the WLF. I'm nearsighted and wear progressive glasses for correction. Anyway, in order to view correct focus with the pop up magnifier I need to take my glasses off. Otherwise everything is blurry from close focus to infinity. I have a few other cameras with WLF's (RB67, Bronica ETR, Yashica Mat 124G), that I don't have this problem with.

I'm thinking that perhaps someone put a diopter in the pop up magnifier(?). Or perhaps the Rollei pop up magnifier's act differently than others?

If someone has some "insight", your help is appreciated. Also, what do I need to do to correct this? I'd love to be able to use it without taking off and putting back on my glasses.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Every Rollei diopter I have seen has the designation clearly printed on the top. Mine say +1. If I use it in my WLF then I have to take my reading glasses off to focus. If I leave the stock magnifier in then I can leave my reading glasses on to focus. Since you are near sighted I am guessing that you need - diopters. Those are available. You can try collectcamera.com they might have it.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, I don't see any markings on the magnifier at all. Thanks for the info though. I'll look into trying to replace it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin