Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,407   Online: 945

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by denmark.yuzon View Post
    There are some cameras that stuck in my mind, bronicas, mamiyas and hasselblads.. the latter I can never afford unless I buy it piece by piece in a span of one or two years.. but just in case, I think i like the hassy 501cm.
    This is a good approach for acquiring Hasselblad equipment, but it applies will to other cameras. After one has used one lens for a while, the choice of the next lens may have changed based on experience and your personal usage. I bought Hasselblad lenses in this order 250mm, 80mm, 50mm, 150mm and the SWC 38mm partially based on when good lenses were available. Looking back with the experience that I have now I would instead gotten the 38mm, 50mm, 100mm and 250mm lens. So even spreading out the purchases of many, many months, the use later on dictates a different purchase pattern.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For printing ratio, 6x7 negs can print full frame on 8x10, but crop on 5x7. I love square format 6x6, and trim my paper to suit my needs. I also shoot 4x5, so enlarging to 8x10 full frame, no trimming. My 35mm (when I print any) enlarges to around 6.5x10 full frame, and I trim the paper. Decide which format you really want, not byconvenience of paper sizes, but by what fits your desires and vision.
    Pentax 67's are monsters, and aren't really hand-holdable. 6x6 TLR's are hand-holdable, and quiet(no mirror slap) I have hand-held my Kowas, and they are not too awfully heavy or awkward. Methinks the Bronicas would be similar(SQ for 6x6, ETR for 6x4.5)except the GS(?) 6x9 system.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    So I guess it would be user preference on what ratio I think will work best for me.. I like 6x6 square for the uniqueness when I present my photos as squares..
    Flickr
    Multiply
    My PhotoBlog
    My Twitter!

WTB: Konica Autoreflex T3 and AR lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an 8x8 speed easel. I use the cut off 2 inch strip for testing.

Rick, do you happen to have the 19mm for your Kowa system?

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    For printing ratio, 6x7 negs can print full frame on 8x10
    Not quite. 6x7 is 1.17:1, 10x8 is 1.25:1 - Some cropping or wasting of paper is still required.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Not quite. 6x7 is 1.17:1, 10x8 is 1.25:1 - Some cropping or wasting of paper is still required.

Steve.
    Picky, picky, picky.
    Close enough for government work.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess I bought into a lie for all these years, that 6x7 is the "ideal" format for no crop 8x10's. I seems the industry got one by me on that.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well if you are going to be picky ....

6x7 is rarely 6x7.

Using the Mamiya RB67 Pro S back as an example, the image area is actually 56mm x 68.4mm, which calculates out as a 1.22 ratio.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for the Bronica SQ. I have a 65mm and a 180mm lens. The next lens would be the 110 macro.

I bought the 180 about 7 months after the body and first lens. That was 4 years ago.

You can spread your purchases out as you need/want/can afford them. With modular SLRs you can also get different formats. 6x6, 6x4.5, 35mm (normal and panoramic). Lots of options.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    6x6 TLR's are hand-holdable, and quiet(no mirror slap) I have hand-held my Kowas, and they are not too awfully heavy or awkward.
    And what is wrong with a load K-THunk every now and then?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin