Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,966   Posts: 1,632,590   Online: 1069

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    after looking at many hassy kits I went w. an old bronica s2a, under 400 bucks. But the rolliecords are nice, I had one and it worked great and its a very elegant design.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by denmark.yuzon View Post
    Let's say printing at 8x10's or 8x8 (square)... which of the ratio's will give me the best output? maybe a little cropping here and there when printing..
    Earlier you said you like the 8X8 because they're unique when you present them. That suggests a 6X6 camera.

If you also like the 8X10, it suggests a 6X7 camera.
    If you use a 6X7 you can always crop down to a square.

Either will do with a little cropping here and there..

Which one do you like?
    Some might say I have a bad attitude! Too bad.

Shooter
    35mm
    does a 6x7 mean a bigger surface area for the image? better resolution? then I guess I would pick up a 6x7 and then crop it to a square image to give me a better image in terms of resolution.. i think it would be more flexible since I can create photographs in landscape or portrait orientation.. thanks for all the infos.. if you have more tips, please do post here...
    Flickr
    Multiply
    My PhotoBlog
    My Twitter!

WTB: Konica Autoreflex T3 and AR lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Denmark, Kumusta diyan? Fellow Pinoy here but have been away for quite a long time in the Manila photo scene. In my days (80s to 90s) as freelance fotog there, Mamiya RBs and RZ' are standard medium format workhorses. These might be easier to find in the used market there than say, Blads, Bronicas, Pentax 67 or the Fuji line from GA645 to 69. Of course you can always source them online but how reliable is our postal system nowadays?
    About the size format, its already a given, 6X7 is bigger than 6X6 hehehe, but seriously at least for me, i would prefer cropping paper than cropping the image.
    Hope i've been a little help. kabayan!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by denmark.yuzon View Post
    does a 6x7 mean a bigger surface area for the image? better resolution? then I guess I would pick up a 6x7 and then crop it to a square image to give me a better image in terms of resolution.. i think it would be more flexible since I can create photographs in landscape or portrait orientation.. thanks for all the infos.. if you have more tips, please do post here...
    Yes, 6x7 is a bigger surface area. You can go even bigger, because Fuji made some interesting cameras that were 6x8 or 6x9, and Mamiya makes a 6x8 back for the RB. That being said, the RB really is very large, and while I hear that it can be handheld, from my admittedly limited use with it says it can be a real pain. If you want to handhold a 6x7, go for one of the rangefinders or a Pentax 67 if SLRs are your gig. I personally use a Pentax 67, and I have high praise for it. Furthermore, contrary to what Rick says, in my experience it is very handholdable. Sure, slow exposures with big lenses at f/22 isn't going to happen, but I find that with the standard or wide lenses it is mobile, and very fast in use.
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, and a little blatant self promotion....
    Most of the photos on my blog were taken with a Pentax 67, and almost all were hand held. Whether or not you find the actual photos to your liking, you can really get a sense of the depth and detail possible with a 6x7.
    Last edited by sidearm613; 06-06-2010 at 05:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I had to insert an emoticon
    David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sidearm613 View Post
    Oh, and a little blatant self promotion....
    Most of the photos on my blog were taken with a Pentax 67, and almost all were hand held. Whether or not you find the actual photos to your liking, you can really get a sense of the depth and detail possible with a 6x7.
    I just had a look at your blog, and liked very much what I saw. I wish that I had had a Pentax 67 when I was 17!
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're going to print square there's no size advantage to 6X7. 6CM is 6CM. The width will give you a little bit of room to crop the sides.
    Some might say I have a bad attitude! Too bad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Yashicamats a lot. I have several. I you want to go 6X6; choose a Bronica SQ for little money. Get a Mamiya RB6X7 if you dare to carry the beast. Another option; Mamiya M645 (very portable)(6X4.5). If you have money to burn; go Hasselblad (6X6)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    I just had a look at your blog, and liked very much what I saw. I wish that I had had a Pentax 67 when I was 17!
    Thanks Chazzy!

Its all about carefully planned usage of the Bar Mitzvah money for good causes....
    David

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin