Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,115   Online: 880

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I actually purchased Donna a real hippie strap for her Nikon N65 for Christmas. The strap weighs about what the camera does!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Gee I'm still using my "hippie" straps that I bought in the 70's. It's funny whenever the young'uns see them they always want to know where they can buy them. It's nice to be hip once again lol.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always wonder why we put down 'hippies' and 60's and 70's. I always thought that was a good piece of history.

Jeff

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I always wonder why we put down 'hippies' and 60's and 70's. I always thought that was a good piece of history.

Jeff
    We could learn a lot from our younger days. Those hippie values could save the world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    We could learn a lot from our younger days. Those hippie values could save the world.
    I agree!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never got time to be a hippie, I was in the military in the early sixties and after I left I was too busy working to support my young family.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hippies went out of fashion when advertisers realized they couldnt sell clothes to people that made their own or just went around naked.

Seriously, I'm too young to have been in the hippie culture, but I'd probably fit right in.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ..and I have a cool rainbow strap for my Olympus OM2. But yes, I hate the ugly metal clips and swivels on the end. I wish it was just cording on the end.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post

Jeff
    I have wondered the same thing.

I'm currently using a Canon EOS strap on my Yashicamat (blasphemy!), so I'm also on the look for a "new" strap, but I haven't been able to decide what I want the strap to look like. I like the look of hippy straps though. I've also wondered what a chess board pattern would look on a strap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Comments about "hippie straps" aside, why on earth would you even want one of those things? Cute? Maybe, that's a matter of opinion. Retro? Don't you think that TLR is retro enough? I've got a couple of Mamiya TLRs and I've equipped both with those newfangled neoprene straps. Makes carrying those tanks around a lot easier on the neck and shoulders. Maybe I'm too pragmatic for my own good.
    Frank Schifano

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin