Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,323   Online: 927

Shooter
    Medium Format

Filters for Hasselblad Distagon C 40mm (b104)

I am having trouble finding a ND filter (6 stops) to put on this lens.
    If anyone have any suggestions I'd highly appreciate it. Is there a B&W filter that fits or maybe some Cokin or gel-based solution?

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Cokin system may certainly be a solution. They have the universal ring for fitting the X-Pro filters to non-standard lenses. A side benefit is that the filters can then be fitted, with appropriate adapter, to your other lenses. 104 sounds big, so you would need to check the max diameter this filter can support. They did just come out with an adapter that fits the Nikon 14-24, so it sounds like they can support super side angle lenses.
    Regards,
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cokins are too small (and not good).
    I don't think B+W have 104 filters.
    Heliopan however do. But better sit down before having a look at the price list...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 40mm C T * and to date have not found a reasonably priced UV filter as yet. Took me 2 years to find a front lens cap at a decent price and only a year to find the lens shade.

Only I problem I have is you can only use one, a filter or a lens shade. So it is the only lens I have without a uv filter much less a 6 stop ND. Love to find one myself. Bay 104 is it, I think?

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know if you're still looking for your filter, but I just obtained a custom-made adapter allowing me to use the B+W 105mm filters on my big ol' 40mm Distagon. It cost me around $60 (Contact Martin Skoda at FotoSkoda in Prague : martin.skoda@fotoskoda.cz). I picked it up in person at their service desk and brought my lens along —which permitted them to made final adjustments—, so the adapter fits perfectly. I don't know if (and I doubt if) this is necessary with each lens, but ... just so ya know. Better to ask, I think. But the price is right and the precision, irreproachable.

Best,

Chris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The rubber part of the lens shade is removable from the ring and can be put on the filter ring instead. It is not convenient but if you use one main filter for B&W work it can be a solution. I just used a flare buster bendable arm that fits in the accessory shoe and has a clip on the end for a black card that you can use to shade the front element from the sun.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin