Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,252   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    LowePro Stealth Reporter series. Nr. 400 would be good for a 645 slr kit.

Not a very large bag, you'd say looking at it. But i carry a 6x6 SLR with 5 lenses + hoods, two extra backs, prism, 2 extension tubes, meter, and the usual loose bits in one of those.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not willing to carry anything heavier than my Mamiya 7 and a few lenses in a shoulder bag (I like to walk fairly long distances). It all gets heavy once you add in a tripod and a few flash heads. So that's when I pull out my Mountainsmith Borealis AT backpack. Yes, access is much less convenient, but at least I'm comfortable.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmacphee View Post
    How is it for weatherproofing? (I've just acquired an M645 outfit, so this question's become relevant to me too.) Can you manage a tripod with it?
    I don't know. I suppose you could look it up on the website.

I just carry a tripod in a case over my shoulder. I don't attach it to the bag/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Robert has a point. When weight goes up, shoulder bags quickly get very uncomfortable, and having either a harness that allows carrying the bag on two shoulders backpack style, or a true backpack will be much better.
    So i'll change my vote from a LowePro shoulder bag to a LowePro backpack. Even the Mini-Trekker is big enough for a medium sized MF kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use two bags for my M645. The basic kit (camera, 2-3 lenses, 2-3 inserts, film) goes in a Billingham 225. The extended kit (more lenses, spare backs, more inserts) sits in a Billingham Hadley Pro. If I'm going out for a little light shooting I grab the one bag, and if I think I'm going to need it, I'll grab them both.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

+1 for Billingham

I have a 445 which has seem much use over 20 years +, it's still going strong. All I've had to do is replace the internal padded pockets and the shoulder pad. Apart from that it's looking in good shape.

It gets used in turn for 35mm kit and mf kit, depending on what I'm shooting most.

It used to swallow an etrs kit consisting of 2 lenses, 2 backs, prism, speedgrip and Metz 45 flash with out any issue. It is currently housing an SQB with 2 lenses, 2 backs and a prism. With plenty of space left for more.

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Domke F2 works for my Mamiya 645 kit, F1X for the Mamiya RB67 kit.Spend a bit more for the ballistic nylon version and the shoulder-saving strap pad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Billingham's are great (I use a Hadley Pro for my DSLR or 35mm kits), but I use a less costly bag for my Mamiya 645. I got this last year from Atlex; it holds a 645/finder, 80mm attached, another lens and smaller stuff. Well padded, compact and appears to be (at least somewhat) water repellent. Walmart sells them as per the link, so you might be able to look at one.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ape-Case-A...#ProductDetail

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a bit of an iconoclast and like Crumpler bags.

https://www.crumplerbags.com/flash/getflash.aspx

Shooter
    35mm
    I would suggest a Domke F2 or even F-1x. I use the F-1x for my MF outfit and it's just about perfect, I do tend to overload it though, which is why in hindsight I'd go with the F2.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin