Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,845   Online: 1071

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    In my experience there is no perfect bag and I have about 8, so I can't comment on my partners fixation with handbags as a result.
    I reckon 3 were really bad mistakes, rubbish straps, offering no protection to your valuable equipment and over expensive.
    Of the new designs Think Tank are good, very well made and very waterproof, but like other makes I think they have too many silly pockets, so I loose things that I may need quickly, like passport or keys!
    I have 3 Billingham, and they are rather heavy, but are nice and simple. I would say go simple and light, compare if you can with a lot of stuff in the bag and get one with a really good padded wide strap. Although all bags feel quite light empty they can be deceptive. I had a Crumpler, they are very protective, colourful, light, but really huge for the amount of space inside. I hate physically taking up more space than I ought and want my bag (and me) to disappear, especially when you are in an unfamiliar place.
    I would always get one a little bigger than you think you need as the most frustrating thing is not be able to take what you want.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Help me make a decision: I'm between two bags for the following setup (501cm w/ 80mm lens & back (always together), 150 lens and extra back, hoods and film...perhaps even the grip if it fits.

Choices are:
    1. Domke F2 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...oters_Bag.html
    (worried the camera will be bouncing around a thin canvas bag despite the lenses being safe in the padded insert. There is an optional insert but the dimensions imply it won't fit the Hasselblad camera)

2. Porta Brace DS-DC3U http://portabrace.com/productA-CS-DC3U
    (I love how the camera can sit more loosely, so if I attach the grip it will still fit in. Plus padding is better.)

And maybe a 3rd: Porta Brace DCO-1U http://portabrace.com/productB-DCO-1U

I'd love to hear from anyone who uses Porta Brace bags for Hasselblad systems.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jameswilliamjones; 06-02-2010 at 01:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know the Porta Brace things, but do know the Domke, and never could understand why anyone would want to pay for a bag that doesn't do what it is supposed to do (protect the gear inside) that badly.
    So given a choice between Domke and almost anything else, i would choose almost anything else.
    Just my opinion.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Courierware camera bag, size Medium (or one smaller if you really need)...discreet, functional, and awesome. Same company that makes the "bare bones bag" but an actual photo bag with padding and several options for configuration of the bag.

Ed: link- http://www.courierbags.com/objects/20.itml/icOid/20

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I prefer a bag with no padding. But I only use it to put stuff in the trunk & carry around a small messenger bag with a lens & small accessories.
    The F2 is way to large for a Hassleblad & a spare lens.
    I keep an RB 67, 50,140 & spare magazine in mine & could get your camera in there. Likely not the extra lens though.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I like the Domke F2. The bottom has a stiff insert that protects the camera by distributing any shock. The sides, while canvas, have pockets that I find provides needed padding for occasional bumps.
    Regards,
    Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Great advice. I just took a gamble on a Porta Brace since the adjustable "cradle" will allow me to sit the Hasselblad in either on it's bottom or flipped over with the grip attached. I'll post a picture once it shows up. Porta Brace seems to market mainly to videographers but their stuff looks like it would work well with medium format cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love my Lowe Pro. I bought the big one for my RB67 kit, although I rarely take the entire kit out due to the weight, and my ageing bones. It's vwry well designed, and constructed, and came with an extra day pack. It also has a great tripod holder built in. Unfortunately, my monster of a bogen tripod is to big to fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For my RB67 I use a JanSport D5 that I've had since...well, a long long time... I can carry pretty much everything plus lunch and water, rain gear, jacket etc. with the tripod strapped on the back. Thats for the "I need it all" trips in the mountains. I just sent a RB body, 150SF with discs, a 180, my Luna Pro, assorted films and two backs off with my wife, driving to our oldest daughters wedding (I fly out later). It all (surprised me) fit in a Canon 200DG gadget bag. It seems that no matter what bags I have around, I never seem to have the one I think I need. It does though all seem to work out in the end. I really didn't think I had a good bag to carry just a few RB67 things but that little Canon bag just kept taking it all in.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin