Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,553   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    NOS?

Tom
    New Old Stock.

Also, NIB is New In Box.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess there are no guarantees. Having said that, I just picked up some SQA kit including a new in box 80PS kit and spare body -- all were fine including shutter and light seals.
    RTC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Usually, NOS in an unopened box is OK when it comes to fungus and such, but you never know for sure until you see it. An inspection period is the best bet, just to make sure everything is OK. If you can find out its age somehow that would be useful-seals are usually good for 15 or 20 years. I had an ETR-S older than that, which was fine without ever having had any work done to it.
    Price is a factor: if it's cheap enough to be worth giving it a CLA (clean, lubricate, adjust) if it needs to have it then you really can't go wrong.

Shooter
    Large Format
    NOS, New Old Stock. Sitting on a shelf or backroom for years, never used, never sold.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Buying a boxed (new) Bronica

NOS makes your camera go faster!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 5stringdeath View Post
    NOS makes your camera go faster!
    But jet it right or you'll blow it up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I purchased my Bronica ETRSi (which I again recently sold) new in the box. Everything worked exactly as it should - purchased body, back, 40mm lens, and hand-grip new. Perfect...never had a problem with any of it and I would certainly recommend this method if you can manage to find one. BTW I sold it off after using it for about a year and a half for more than I purchased it for...bought and sold on *Bay.

So, my experience was positive. Oh, and I only sold off the kit because I'm shifting my work methods and didn't need a 645.
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin