Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,432   Online: 1207

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I remember seeing a thread with someone showing the film backing numbers had formed an image on his/her 120 film - no idea how to search for it '120 film number light print through" ? ha ha - I think some rollei film I bought came in plastic canisters, probably the R3 ...

and IR maybe ?
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    Those look just like travel containers for bars of soap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got some small shallow translucent plastic food containers, very cheap from my local supermarket's 'economy' range, with push fit lids. I think they were about 50p each. I cut a bunch of rough squares of aluminium foil and put them in the food container. Exposed rolls get wrapped in a sheet of the foil, which can be squeezed tightly to the roll, and kept in the container. I used to have the occasional instance of fogging of film edges, but never since I started using the aluminium foil.
    Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just stick 'em in my camera bag and process when convenient. Never had any problems even with color slides or IR. No need for extra protection.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    I remember seeing a thread with someone showing the film backing numbers had formed an image on his/her 120 film - no idea how to search for it '120 film number light print through" ? ha ha - I think some rollei film I bought came in plastic canisters, probably the R3 ...

and IR maybe ?
    actually, I remember now - it was from having left the film wound to a particular frame in an older camera with a red frame number back for a long period of time... Folders, Holgas etc... Not from having been exposed after use and out of the camera.

I assumed at the time the Rollei canister was either plain ol' marketing or the fact the film could be 6400 rated (RHS developer):rolleyes:
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Didn't medium format film once come in a metal canister, in the era when 35mm film came in a metal screw-top canister? I don't know that 120 canisters were used in my own memory, but I believe I've seen them at camera shows or such like.

In any case, I think they're a good idea, and I save my plastic Adox canisters for other films.
    Yes David, Agfa 120 film used to come in screw top Aluminium canisters, unfortunately I'm old enough to remember using them.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmacphee View Post
    I used to have the occasional instance of fogging of film edges, but never since I started using the aluminium foil.
    Sounds like a great idea. I wonder if that would would work for me. All I can get here is aluminum foil.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. I wonder if that would would work for me. All I can get here is aluminum foil.
    Sheesh, americans can't spell 'aluminium' or learn the metric system. :rolleyes:
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JPD View Post
    Sheesh, americans can't spell 'aluminium' or learn the metric system. :rolleyes:
    We can, we just don't wanna.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bought a ton of the Adox containers (same ones dwthomas uses) from J&C (who remembers them ?) and really like them. They've saved my bacon the odd time I don't keep the roll tight when I seal the paper end. I take all film out of boxes and wrappers and keep them in the containers so there's less fussing while shooting. Hinge is starting to go on a few but the lids still do their job.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin