Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,243   Online: 1102

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prime vs. Zoom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Bronica ETR 45-90.It's OK,nothing spectacular.As far as Schneider goes for the 645 Bronica,I have read that the 125-250 was good.Also the 110-220 f/4.8 gets excellent reviews.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have zooms and primes for 35mm. I only use primes with medium and large format (obviously). In no case have I found myself wishing for a zoom with medium format. In fact just going out with one or two lenses tend to give me more keepers than when i take the zoom. I don't know why, other than I need to move more and moving makes me see more options.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    I have zooms and primes for 35mm. I only use primes with medium and large format (obviously). In no case have I found myself wishing for a zoom with medium format. In fact just going out with one or two lenses tend to give me more keepers than when i take the zoom. I don't know why, other than I need to move more and moving makes me see more options.
    Also it forcing or tighten you a bit, with zoom i always confuse if i should use this focal length or that, but with prime there is only one focal length so i have to frame the scene myself and move for composition and make it easier, and with zoom i feel more lazy, just stand here and rotate back and forth, how easy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The idea is to go out with an idea in mind. Therefore; one or 2 Primes will do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    The idea is to go out with an idea in mind. Therefore; one or 2 Primes will do it.
    And back in the lab generous cropping will do the rest...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very often I go out with nothing in mind other than to experience the landscape, and I never know what the landscape is going to give me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin