Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,506   Online: 853

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adorama Service

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    Tyler

I have replied to your email; please email me again with your order number so I can get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible.
    As other have said, once Helen get a whiff of a problem, she is all over it.

I am sure she will get something worked out for you.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by zumbido View Post
    Helen is the fixer, who peruses message boards looking to publicly smooth over people who make their shabby treatment public. I avoid Adorama on principle because this procedure makes it quite clear they're only interested in keeping the money flowing, not actually doing the right thing. The web has hundreds of horror stories of people getting not-what-they-paid-for from Adorama and then when they call, they get insulted for their trouble... until the account hits the Internet, and then Helen appears to wax sincerely about "one or two bad apples" that caused so much trouble in the warehouse.

Yeah, right.
    Actually, I'm not a 'fixer'. I'm actually contracted to act as an Independent Consultant, on behalf of Adorama customers.

If members of staff at Adorama mess up, I waste no time in letting them - and the management team - know about it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    As other have said, once Helen get a whiff of a problem, she is all over it.

I am sure she will get something worked out for you.

Steve
    Customer's credit card has now been credited in full.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Helen has been very open about past problems with Adorama's used department. She didn't make excuses for the past, and said that those people had been replaced. Because of that, I am willing to once again consider Adorama for used equipment, after writing them off previously after a bad experience.
    Maybe there are still problems. She doesn't run the place, so she can only do so much directly, but I think she's sincere. Credibility is the basis of her job. If nothing has changed her credibility will suffer, so she has a personal interest in seeing changes occur.

I once got from KEH a supposed BGN lens which was clearly UG. They took it back, no problem. Mistakes do happen. I wouldn't judge anyone on one experience, unless it were egregious, which my experience with Adorama three years ago was. Helen has put her credibility on the line by saying changes have been made. So I'm willing to give Adorama another chance.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Helen and Mr Gold have seen to it that my credit charge is fully refunded, including shipping. It will just cost me 5 - 8 dollars to ship it back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd suggest a moderator's change to the title of this thread.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I'd suggest a moderator's change to the title of this thread.
    Agreed

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Title updated.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Title updated.
    Much better.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Helen,I must tell you that I am extremely bothered by the entire thread that has unfolded here. I am a big supporter of Adorama, and have found wonderful service and excellent bargains at the company. However, why does it take an angry message on APUG, and many messages both pro and con Adorama, until YOU have to step forward to solve the issues raised.

Suggestion: Doesn't it make complete sense for Adorama to SUPPLY YOUR EMAIL contact information when any problems occur so that the issues raised on this thread need never again be voiced? If you are Adorama's Ombudsmand, than send all complaints to you so that you can deal with those that you must, and refer those that can be handled by others. How many APUGS does it take to solve a complaint?

Ed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin