Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,573   Online: 1188

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adorama Service

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format

Adorama Service

I purchased a piece of used equipment online from Adorama, a Yashica-Mat in E condition; it arrived a little while ago. Upon unwrapping it, there was a hand-written note, "shutter jammed" which indeed it is. I was not informed of this prior to purchase, and would not have bought the danged thing had I known. I feel deceived and angry. I sent an email to Adorama, but they have not responded as yet. Maybe an angry letter to the State AG will get a response!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    call them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Call them, and you might also e-mail helen.oster@adoramacamera.com and she'll help you sort it out. She monitors APUG, so she might reply here as well. Bear in mind that around the Memorial Day weekend, it's not unusual for people to take an extra day or two off, so I wouldn't make it a public matter until I'd made several attempts to contact them directly by different means.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you, I'll try Helen. I make it a public matter because of what I see as an outright deception on the part of Adorama. I have been dealing with B&H and Adorama since 1984, to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars,and have never been treated so shabbily; I will call when I calm down.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll second the email to Helen. It appears that Adorama is suffering from a bunch of first-line employees that just don't care or don't know any better. While this is certainly frustrating, at least when you get a level or two up the chain, you get good service.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [. I have been dealing with... Adorama since 1984, to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars,and have never been treated so shabbily...
    Then it probably is a mistake or an oversight, methinks.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @Anscojohn
    I'm sure you are right; I'm just really pissed and disappointed at the moment- I'll calm down in a while. I was really looking forward to playing with a new tlr, dagnabbit!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I can certainly empathize with your situation. KEH has done this to me...several times. Adorama only once. The only consolation is that if you call them and explain the situation they will certainly ask you to return the goods (bads?) and give you a refund. Sometimes, they even arrange and pay for return shipping.

(EDIT): Once, Adorama added an beat up RB-67 kit to my order of film....I had not ordered the camera. only the film. They had charged for all of it...kinda funny. I returned the camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Call them. It's not deception or a rip-off if it was a mistake and they are willing to fix it with little hassle. It's just a mistake then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also suggest contacting Helen ASAP. She is a great person to deal with when having problems. Please don't do anything rash - likely it's someone at some location not caring enough and a proper person (Helen) can rectify it.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin