Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,927   Posts: 1,522,145   Online: 963

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean,
    If you find a 210, it also uses the 58mm filters (they also match some of my Canon lens) and is nice to have - I have a 55,80 and 210. Don't forget to pick up lens hood for these, I use it all on a nice, for it's age, 645. Have been looking at the Super, but holding out for one of those killer deals. Congratulations...I think you will love it.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    thanks for the info

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sean,

I think the Mamiya 645 is a great camera. Two accessories that I find very useful are the gridded focussing screen (I think it is called the A4 Checker), and the power winder. The power winder, although noisy, allows me to operate the camera with one hand. Also, since I am using it I have never inadvertently tripped the shutter when changing my grip on the camera. Used to have a picture of my feet on every roll.

BTW nice spell checker!

Paul
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi, my kit should be here any day now. I'm wondering if the 80mm lens has a "sweet spot" for sharpness that I should know about? Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This Mamiya package sounds nice. I've been toying with the idea of getting better MF equipment, but don't really know the in's and out's of the different offerings. I see someone mentioned Mamiya as being less expensive in terms of the lenses and other accessories. That is a huger consideration for me since I'm not planning on using this for commercial purposes, just my own fun. Not that I don't like my old TLR Ricohmatic, but it is a bit limiting in terms of lenses etc. etc.

Does anyone know of a good source, other than you folks, where I could get up to speed on MF cameras etc? I've been watching Ebay as well, and I haven't seen anything that seems as reasonalble as what Sean just scored! Nice one. How does Bronica fall in the hierarchy of MF cameras. Not that I have any experience with Bronica, just curious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    >I've also broken the news to my other half and She seems to have taken it well, phew!

Sean, can we have an article on your technique

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ruby
    This Mamiya package sounds nice. I've been toying with the idea of getting better MF equipment, but don't really know the in's and out's of the different offerings. I see someone mentioned Mamiya as being less expensive in terms of the lenses and other accessories. That is a huger consideration for me since I'm not planning on using this for commercial purposes, just my own fun. Not that I don't like my old TLR Ricohmatic, but it is a bit limiting in terms of lenses etc. etc.

Does anyone know of a good source, other than you folks, where I could get up to speed on MF cameras etc? I've been watching Ebay as well, and I haven't seen anything that seems as reasonalble as what Sean just scored! Nice one. How does Bronica fall in the hierarchy of MF cameras. Not that I have any experience with Bronica, just curious.
    I also just managed to score an ebay deal for a 2 lens set, a 150mm C and 55mm C lens for my 645. The 55 was mint in the box, the 150 9+ with just a little wear to the bayonet. Got both lenses for $350US! So the deals are out there if you keep searching ebay. Looking forward to having this kit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan
    >I've also broken the news to my other half and She seems to have taken it well, phew!

Sean, can we have an article on your technique
    I think I am just very lucky in the wife department
    I can usually get away with a grimace or smirk, then quickly change the subject..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin